Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cpavlenko
My 914 is a stock 1971 1.7, 5 speed. Went to my flaps and they gave me the wrong starter. Looked different from the one I pulled out. So my ? is, what starter am I looking for my 914? confused24.gif
SirAndy
I don't think any FLAPS will have the right starter for 914s, even if their computer says otherwise.
popcorn[1].gif
Java2570
Bosch SR17x is the stock starter....FLAPS likely sold you an SR15x for a Type 1.
Oh and I agree with SirAndy....FLAPS don't usually have a great track record for having the correct parts for our cars.
mepstein
Can you get your old one rebuilt. We have a shop that rebuilds our Porsche starters for $100-120. 2 day turn around.
TheCabinetmaker
Yep. Local rebuilder.
cpavlenko
Went back to the flaps store and they gave me a starter for a automatic? WTF.gif It matches the one i pulled off. I installed it and it started right up.
BigFour1973
I got one from a Napa. For what ever reason they have the proper starter listed for the hard to find automatic version of our cars.
cpavlenko
Wow, very interesting, and good to know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.