Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I had no idea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
black73
Two days ago, I didn't know 914 forums existed, much less one with this much traffic. This place is fascinating. I have had my 914 for 20+ years without knowing another person that has one. I have seen maybe 1 or 2 914's on the road in the past 15 years here in TN. Thought all of them had rusted away and I was the last 914 owner on earth. Then I find this whole community of people who know what it's like to drive one of the best handling
cars ever made. Are there any others here that live in Tennessee? Looks like the majority of you are in California. Of course roughly half the population of the world lives there, so maybe it's a law of averages kind of thing. Speaking of law , I read all the stuff about Brad's legal problems. All I can say about that is finger.gif . Anyway, I'm just happy I found you guys and am looking forward to many hours staring at the computer instead of doing something productive.
Gary
SpecialK
Welcome aboard Gary! beerchug.gif

Quite a few owners in the midwest, I'm sure they'll chime in too.

You need to check out one of the club events coming up, like the MWC in Michigan, or the FFC in Indy. Real good time....and you'll meet some great folks there.

Now show us your car!!! Pics, Pics, Pics, biggrin.gif
Series9
Welcome. I felt the same as you until I found this place last summer.

Post pictures of your car. It's a rule.
Hawktel
Welcome home Gary!

happy11.gif
iiibdsiil
QUOTE (black73 @ Mar 24 2005, 12:55 AM)
Anyway, I'm just happy I found you guys and am looking forward to many hours staring at the computer instead of doing something productive.
Gary

At least you have your priorities straight like the rest of us. laugh.gif
seanery
Welcome to the club!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Carl
Then I find this whole community of people who know what it's like to drive one of the best handling
cars ever made.
driving.gif

Welcome to the place where people come because of the cars and stay because of the shared frustration and misery. And you thought you were alone ...
Rhodes71/914
Welcome to the club Gary.

Since it hasn't been done yet I must
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Garland
Same thing happen to me after 25 years. Welcome. Come on up to Michigan.
scotty914
welcome, and after a few posts we will harrass you every chance we can.

and you are not a 914 owner till you own at least 4 jack stands... so how many do you have
redshift
Hey man, I am a 23 yearer! Nice to see ya here.

You have some choice members up in your neck of the woods, guys who know all about teeners.

They'll be around shortly. smile.gif

M
VegasRacer
You're doing great so far Gary. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
Only 1 post and you managed to create an avatar and use the finger smiley.
Now see if you can figure out how to post a picture of that black beauty.
Dave_Darling
Yeah. There are a number of other TN 914'ers around. Perry Keihl (9146968 or something like that is his username) is toward the middle of the state, and he knows quite a bit about 914s. Most especially converting them to Sixes. Check his place out if you get the time. Mike Cooley is outside of Memphis, and sometimes checks in here but not that frequently. He is more usually found over on the 914 email list at http://www.rennlist.com (search around for a while, you'll find the email lists eventually). And there are indeed a few others...

Welcome to the insanity of the 914club board. For a less-active board with a bit less insanity, there is a 914 board on the Pelican Parts website. (For the URL, see my signature.)

--DD
Bruce Allert
Welcome Gary... as stated above you've come to the right place to share misery beyond comprehension wink.gif as for Miles, we all share him (and there's a little comprehension), with just pure enjoyment laugh.gif

I was in yer neck 'O da woods not too long ago. Nice town beer.gif

........b wavey.gif
MecGen
Hello!
Welcome fellow old timer (13 years and counting), welcome to the board.
Cheers
Joe

beerchug.gif
Be prepared to spend
riverman
You'll probably want to sell your car after you've spent enough time here.

Welcome to the club. It will be good to have another experienced owner on the board (to answer all my stupid questions).
rick 918-S
Welcome, Enjoy, Plan on attending one of the events this summer! aktion035.gif driving.gif

Oh ya, happy11.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif and don't get too close to my car strange things and a way of happening.... assimilate.gif
jim912928
Welcome...and you have to check out the Fall Foilage Classic (was in columbus IN last fall) and the Midwest Classic (near detroit). Both events bring together alot of pristine 914's (and their crazy owners). Last years MWC had just over 40 cars from all around the midwest and I believe the FFC had in the mid 20's. Great times (I was at both).
CptTripps
Cool deal...another person to get frustrated at used midwest teeners. biggrin.gif

Be sure to check out the "914 Resources, Parts and Products" Section. There are LOTS of people here that make some KILLER products for 914s. Lots of them are 'must have' things.

Welcome to the club brother!
Pnambic
Welcome Gary!

I was born in Nashville, TN many moons ago...
You better start planning now to make it to one of our gatherings (or all of them smile.gif ). The Fall Foliage Classic is held in the Columbus/Nashville (IN) area in mid to late October. That oughta be only about 3 hours or so up I-65 for ya. There's a great Michigan gathering in early August. I'm sure there will be more than a few of us travelling that direction so you could join us for the caravan.

If you can swing it, the West Coast Classic in only 29 days away just outside Los Angeles.

wavey.gif
riverman
QUOTE (jim912928 @ Mar 24 2005, 08:11 AM)
Welcome...and you have to check out the Fall Foilage Classic

Is that the one where we learn the 1001 uses of tin foil in teener repair, or the one where we recount our failed attempts at combating rust in our beloved cars and every story ends, "Foiled again!" biggrin.gif
ken914
Welcome!

I'm in Charleston, SC. If you ever get down this way drop by for a beer! I bought my first 914 in 1982 (rusty 1.7 with broken engine mounts and bad everything). I'm now on my 3rd, its a /6.

Ken Richardson
ken914

brownaar
Gary,
Welcome. I'm just up the road in the Tri-Cities(in the foothills--God's country). I'm fairly new to the scene having had my teener for about three years. My dad had a /6 when I was getting my driver's license years ago, and I've been hooked ever since. Looked for years, finally found a decent specimen that I paid way more for than I ever thought I would, and never looked back. aktion035.gif

Aaron
JoeSharp
Welcome to the Club. I post pics of my cars everytime I get the chance. Where are yours?
biggrin.gif Joe
mudfoot76
beerchug.gif

Welcome! I'll vouch for the FFC in Southern Indiana as being a great event, and if you are able, we'd love to see you there! The more teeners, the merrier!

Still waiting on pics of your car too biggrin.gif
mike_the_man
Welcome to the club! It's a great bunch around here, very helpful, and only a little insane. Oh ya, and let's see some pics of this car! wavey.gif

Rusty
Welcome! It's always good to have another member! assimilate.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Toast
Welcome to the club! smilie_pokal.gif

Check out the WCC links, espically WCC 04. There are some great pics! There were over 120 914 lovers and 72 914's all in one place at one time.

WCC '05 is just around the corner!

Check these pics out!

http://www.914world.com/events/wcc2004/cont...c88244e01f0b65b
Howard
agree.gif
Welcome to the Asylum! We're expecting 160 brave souls at WCC 2005. Check out the cheap airfares and join us!
Steve Thacker
Welcome to the club. Get those car pics posted.
smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
Welcome to the club Gary!

Post some pics in the Members 914 Pictures thread.

Gotta do it too...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
CptTripps
He's still at 1 post.

I think we scared him off already... confused24.gif
p914
Well......???????????????????????????? Where the FXXK are the pictures??

Oh yeah welcome to HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif
black73
OK, OK here's a picture. You people sure know how to make a guy feel welcome!(I hope this works). Gary
william harris
Hot damn, another lost soul has found Jesus!!! Seriously, you are past the point of no return. beer.gif
black73
and another
black73
To answer some of your questions and comments:
I have 2 jackstands 2 tire ramps and enough concrete blocks and 2x4s to build another garage.
I found this place via the Pelican site. Lots of good info there.
I don't know if I'll be able to make it to any events but I'll sure try.
To brownaar, my cars' original owner is from Bristol TN and bought the car from a dealer in that area.
The quality of my pictures is not real good. Took them with a 35mm. I got a digital for Christmas and will take some glamour shots when she comes out of hibernation.
Here's one more :
scotty914
I found this place via the Pelican site. Lots of good info there.

if you can see down your nose far enough to get it

have 2 jackstands 2 tire ramps and enough concrete blocks and 2x4s to build another garage

okay you qualify and you will want to

The quality of my pictures is not real good. Took them with a 35mm. I got a digital for Christmas and will take some glamour shots when she comes out of hibernation.

pics are great but more more smilie_pokal.gif
ThinAir
Welcome, Gary! We're always glad to welcome another inmate to the asylum. Nice looking car. Glad you found us!
TimT
old mustangs are gud wub.gif
black73
Yea, the Mustang is indirectly responsible for me finding this place. I got it last year and found some online forums to get advice on restoration. Someone on one of those forums linked to the Pelican sites' "how to" on wheel alignment. I was lead to here from there.
Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.