Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS vs Repo 914/6 emblem question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Have a friend that has found a 914/6 emblem that he thinks is NOS. It is not in a package so not 100% sure. Did the 914/6 emblems have a part number stamped on the back side? I don't think they did (or the /4 emblem).
bandjoey
Never seen one with a number. The only repos discussed here had the pins in the wrong position. If it fits the existing holes, probably original. If not, a repo.

tomrev
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 8 2016, 09:32 AM) *

Never seen one with a number. The only repos discussed here had the pins in the wrong position. If it fits the existing holes, probably original. If not, a repo.

Auto Atlanta makes a very nice repo, that fits the stock holes, (just put one on), so that shoots that way of IDing one. It is very nicely done!
Mikey914
SO AutoAtlanta must have corrected their problem with the hole I guess.
Darren C
Yes Mark,

I had a "914"one on back order with AA for over 6 months while they sorted the "quality" issues out.
Arrived a few days ago, haven't had chance to fit it yet so can't comment on the pin location just now. The "2.0" badge from them was out on the pin position by just enough to stop it fitting the holes in the car though. :-(
porschetub
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 9 2016, 07:11 AM) *

SO AutoAtlanta must have corrected their problem with the hole I guess.

Yes they must have done,mine fitted straight on but I would hardly call it a nice reproduction,the casting still has "flashs' on it and they just plated the gold straight over the top ,ok from 5 feet dry.gif .
I would like to file it smooth and then matt black it,not that fussed on the gold anyway.
I know you could do better.
914Sixer
Euro 914 emblems have part numbers on them. USA did not.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 8 2016, 04:57 PM) *

Euro 914 emblems have part numbers on them. USA did not.

agree.gif On the back of the "O"
1TRICK6
No part # nor anything markings on back of my NOS 914-6 emblem. (Bad lighting in pics)Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.