Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little light reading...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mr.Nobody
While on the bike at work!! I found this and some workshop manuals for a deal on Craigslist about a week ago. Good stuff. Lots of useful stuff for the new guy.

Still trying to find the 101 Projects, and other manuals. All the books for this car are insanely expensive and out of print.

IPB Image driving-girl.gif
hndyhrr
try abebooks.com
Dave_Darling
I'm not sure the 101 Projects for the 914 book ever got off the ground... sad.gif

--DD
Mr.Nobody
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 8 2016, 09:03 PM) *

I'm not sure the 101 Projects for the 914 book ever got off the ground... sad.gif

--DD

That's the first I'd heard that it hadn't. Maybe that's why it's been so difficult to locate. lol-2.gif

Hndyhrr, thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into it. beerchug.gif
McMark
Best way to learn! I spent a lot of time flipping through and reading the Hayne manual back in the day. And not because I was working on a project, just reading.

Nerd Alert! lol2.gif
yerpants
I have spent lots of time sitting with a beer and a cigar thumbing through my Haynes manual.

I have to make sure I'm not wearing good clothes though, the manual does have a bit of grease on it... biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
I used to study the old Automation and Performance Products catalogues.... never got into the AA one though... barf.gif
JeffBowlsby
There are a few things on here worth reading too:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/
Pursang
You can workout at your job? Nice.

I have an extra Haynes manual if you want one. If you already got one with your Craigslist deal, never mind. Send me a PM with an address if so.
ndfrigi
I think he is a fireman and he was exercising while there is no emergency call. That red cabinet/locker i think what fire stations use.
Pursang
Yeah, I was thinking the same after looking at the boots. On second glance I could see what looks like turnout yellow in the locker.
Mr.Nobody
You guys are correct. It's a fire station. One of the perks of the job.

Pursang, thanks for the offer of the Haynes. I have one already. It was one of the first purchases.

And there's definitely some interesting stuff on Bowlsby's site.
Pursang
QUOTE(Mr.Nobody @ Mar 10 2016, 09:16 AM) *

Did that for a while myself. Have fun with your 914.

Mr.Nobody
QUOTE(Pursang @ Mar 10 2016, 12:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Mr.Nobody @ Mar 10 2016, 09:16 AM) *

Did that for a while myself. Have fun with your 914.

I've got a long way to go. Still loving it.

And I already am, it's a fun project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.