Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strange days in deed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gunn1
I have had many different cars over the years, and with those cars there have been many stories on the road, some good and some bad, some strange and some Peculiar. From the Looks you get to the interesting people you meet, driving a cool car can create all kinds of opportunities.

So who has a Strange, Peculiar or interesting story involving their 914, and if you are willing Please share it with us.

I cannot wait to start having some of my own with my 914, but for now I will have to live through the other members

Thanks in advance
EdwardBlume
I have two strange stories...

First, we bought our first house because in 1.5 miles from our apartment to the open house, we saw 4 914s including one across the street. Strange? No, but it turned out that Jeff Bowlsby lived in the house with his folks when it was new.
EdwardBlume
Second story....

Dad's 914 was always my favorite car. When I was 16, after a stint on a motorcycle, my Dad offered for me to take and drive the car, as long as I could fix and maintain it. It kept dying around town and despite taking it to various shops in Santa Maria, I couldn't get anyone to fix it so I could drive it reliably.

So I parked it in my mom's garage.... but I still wanted to notch a good time in it.

My Mom's bedroom wall shared the garage wall, so I carefully brought a girl into the dark garage, into the dark car (not on jack stands - but pretty much not running), and made out for awhile.

She eventually told me it was creeping her out.... not exactly strange to me... but I'm sure it was to her. smile.gif
McMark
I didn't even know what a 914 was until some time around 2001. I had just recently dropped out of college, started hanging out with a good friend from high school who introduced me to the pleasure of classic cars. At that point I was just a typical computer nerd and had never touched a car. A friend of mine was shopping for a BMW 2002 or similar. We went to look at a 914 for sale in town and it made an impression on me. A few months later I was driving down to Tehachapi, CA to pick up a real piece of crap car. From then on I was hooked, and fell pretty far down the rabbit hole...
PlantMan
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 9 2016, 07:06 AM) *

I didn't even know what a 914 was until some time around 2001. I had just recently dropped out of college, started hanging out with a good friend from high school who introduced me to the pleasure of classic cars. At that point I was just a typical computer nerd and had never touched a car. A friend of mine was shopping for a BMW 2002 or similar. We went to look at a 914 for sale in town and it made an impression on me. A few months later I was driving down to Tehachapi, CA to pick up a real piece of crap car. From then on I was hooked, and fell pretty far down the rabbit hole...

Yes, the fact that a 914 was in Tehachapi is strange indeed! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.