Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Counter clockwise Tach
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
meares
does anyone sell or manufacture a tach that turns counter clockwise?
SirAndy
QUOTE (meares @ Mar 24 2005, 08:07 AM)
does anyone sell or manufacture a tach that turns counter clockwise?

not that i know of. i turned mine upside/down, kind of the same effect ...
switched the blinker bulbs and it works great!

wink.gif Andy
joea9146
Toilets Swril Backwards in Australia , So I assume the Tachs run the same way.
You will have to source one from the land down under... wink.gif
Qarl
I bet the folks at North Hollywood Speedometer or Palo Alto Speedometer can convert a 914 tach to do this...

Why, may I ask?

larryp
TVR tachs run counterclockwise. You can source one through them, or their supplier..
mike_the_man
Didn't the tach in a Shelby Cobra go backwards? Or was that the speedo? Or am I dreaming it all up? confused24.gif

larryp
I believe you are dreaming about the Cobra tach. Not that it matters, you couldn't afford one anyway!
meares
Australia......forgot about them! Maybe I should have my friend in QLD send me one. Could you please give me the #s to TVR, Palo Alto and/or N. Hoolywood Speedo? The reason I wish to do purchase a c - c tach is because I watched The Cannonball Run when I was a kid and saw a tach in the Cobra turn backwards and thought it was cool. It's just always stuck in the back of my mind and I'd like to get my hands on one.
Qarl
Could you please give me the #s to TVR, Palo Alto and/or N. Hoolywood Speedo?

And now for my smart-ass response...

Go to http://www.google.com

And type in...

Palo Alto Speedometer and hit the Google Search button

Look for the web link that matches closest and click on it.

Then type in...

North Hollywood Speedometer and hit the Google Search button...

...and do the same.

The internet is amazing....

Sorry. Smart-ass rant over!
mike_the_man
QUOTE (meares @ Mar 25 2005, 07:59 AM)
I watched The Cannonball Run when I was a kid and saw a tach in the Cobra turn backwards and thought it was cool.

Does that mean that I was right? ohmy.gif I was pretty sure the Cobra tachs were backwards. It's my most favorite car ever!

meares
check out the big brain on Karl!!!!! wow.........google......what a revelation!!!!! i guessed, incorrectly, according to Carl; that if one recommends a product/service that he has a working knowledge of the producer/provider, inclucding the #s........ALL HALE KARL for enlightening us!!!!! Thank you, I am a much wiser student now!!! google.....who would of thought of that?
KaptKaos
QUOTE (meares @ Mar 25 2005, 09:11 PM)
check out the big brain on Karl!!!!! wow.........google......what a revelation!!!!! i guessed, incorrectly, according to Carl; that if one recommends a product/service that he has a working knowledge of the producer/provider, inclucding the #s........ALL HALE KARL for enlightening us!!!!! Thank you, I am a much wiser student now!!! google.....who would of thought of that?

Dude, lighten up. You're asking for a backwards tach and expect a straightforward answer?
Qarl
google.....who would of thought of that?

Apparently, YOU didn't. It's not like we all have these phone numbers stored on our speed dial. I was gonna have to look up the numbers myself on Google since I haven't committed them to memory, but I was too lazy to do it.

And ummm... yes.. lighten up... I acknowledged that I was being a smart-ass...

You want some info...?

Okay... here's your spoon..... now open up...

user posted image

Here you go.....

www.paspeedo.com
Tel: 650-323-0243

That's a good boy... open up again... here it comes...

www.nhspeedometer.com
Tel. 818-761-5136

umm... what else did you need?

Oh yeah... TVR... here it is...

finger.gif
meares
thanks Karl! sounds like i need to send you a 50 lbs box of Appalachicola oysters for helping me! that sure was a big spoon!!
mike_the_man
Oh lighten up! Qarl was trying to be funny (I laughed!), it was a joke, take it as such. You have to deal with the occasional smart ass remark around here, that's what makes it so much fun. If you have trouble with that, maybe this isn't the place for you. huh.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif rolleyes.gif

Qarl
Yes... It's all part of the initiation process.

Soon... you will be taught the secret handshake. (You have to make the funny face too!)

user posted image

Regards,

Qarl
meares
you'll have to show me! BTW i just called n. hollywood and they said no......trying paspeedo next....did you see the cannons on joe9146's picture to the side of his post?!! WOW!!!
Qarl
If you like Joe's avatar... you should see what MikeZ, or Zois as we call him, has posted. They're all pretty nice, with the exception of his hairy ass pic!

Show us your car!

phantom914
QUOTE (Qarl @ Mar 28 2005, 11:56 AM)
If you like Joe's avatar... you should see what MikeZ, or Zois as we call him, has posted.  They're all pretty nice, with the exception of his hairy ass pic!

Show us your car!

Apparently due to criticism and threats brought about by his avatars, MikeZ has gone into the witness protection program and changed his name to "Z". Don't tell any body.

Andrew
mike_the_man
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Mar 28 2005, 12:28 PM)
QUOTE (Qarl @ Mar 28 2005, 11:56 AM)
If you like Joe's avatar... you should see what MikeZ, or Zois as we call him, has posted.  They're all pretty nice, with the exception of his hairy ass pic!

Show us your car!

Apparently due to criticism and threats brought about by his avatars, MikeZ has gone into the witness protection program and changed his name to "Z". Don't tell any body.

Andrew

I thought that the twisted humour of thsi new member, 'Z", seemed vaguely familiar. Uh oh, now the cat's out of the bag!
nebreitling
i thought it was the cobra speedometer which turned backwards -- not the tach... i could definitely be wrong, though.

anyway, reverse speedos are available from lots of manufacturers. never seen a reverse tach. is this for a 914? i have to ask -- why? screwy.gif

n
larryp
You lazy git. you don't even NEED google...

www.tvr.co.uk
scotty b
QUOTE (Qarl @ Mar 28 2005, 06:09 AM)
Yes... It's all part of the initiation process.

Soon... you will be taught the secret handshake. (You have to make the funny face too!)

user posted image

Regards,

Qarl

Damn Karl you got to meet George Bush?
Qarl
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.