Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what to do with my 73
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gcarter85
about a year ago I bought a 73 914. The plan was to strip it sell the goodies and build some kind of SCCA track car or hack it and build a dune buggy, my most current plan was to title it and put it back on the road but I have hit a dead end (note earlier I wanted to race it title wasn’t really in my plans) the car has changed hands a few times with an open title we will call first owner D1... D1 sold to D2 in North Carolina who had the car for 20 years in a barn in Florida that sold to D3 that let the car sit in a ditch and lost title who sold it to me D4... car is still in FL with a bill of sale no title and D2 doesn’t have info of D1 because the sale was 20 years ago and I’ve tried a title search. How far up shit creek am I obtaining a title and making this thing road legal... thank you in advance.
914Sixer
Go to the DMV and find out what your options are.
gcarter85
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 10 2016, 01:23 PM) *

DMV says contact original owner, location unknown. other options I ran through my head are find solid roller, or figure out "kit car" title work
Puebloswatcop
All states are a bit different, but you should be able to bond the car and get a title. It costs a bit, but should be worth it. Colorado requires a bond that is twice the value of the car. If you have a bill of sale you should be okay. Check with your DMV to ask about a bonded title. What kind of condition is it in? Are all the VIN numbers readable and do they match?
Tbrown4x4
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 10 2016, 10:23 AM) *

Solid advice.

In Washington, I would pay $60 to have the State Patrol inspect the car so I could get a "temporary" 3 year title in my name. If no one claims the vehicle in those 3 years, you get it put in your name for good.

Just ask what they need you to do.
gcarter85
Sold car to a buddy in GA to get a bonded title and bought it back, working on FL title work, thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.