Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elgin Camshaft 330-1 for 2056
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Getting ready to build the 2056. I got my camshaft done at Elgin Cams and went with Demas recommendation of the 330-1 camshaft. Supposed to add a little extra with the bump up to 2056 with stock fuel injection. Profile looks similar to Web 73.

Anybody running one?

pilothyer
Mark....Just about anyone running the 9550 or 9590 is running one :>}
jcd914
I'm running (well if the car was back together) an Elgin cam.

I have no idea what Elgin's number for this is but he cam works very well well.

This cam has same duration and lift as early 914 cams but has steeper ramps so it opens and closes valves a little faster, engine breathes a little better.

If it were me I would take Demas advice.

Jim
914Sixer
Yes, your cam sounds like the one I got from Dema Elgin. Waiting on the Factory NOS stock lifters to come in to get started. Should be a fine running engine with the parts I have coming.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 10 2016, 06:37 PM) *

Yes, your cam sounds like the one I got from Dema Elgin. Waiting on the Factory NOS stock lifters to come in to get started. Should be a fine running engine with the parts I have coming.

I also have an Elgin cam for a 2258cc motor in the works. I think mine was an 8001 or something like that. I'm running Dellorto carbs for this street motor.

914-Sixer where did you find NOS VW lifters?
914Sixer
I found the NOS lifters in Canada. Bought the last set he had.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 11 2016, 04:59 AM) *

I found the NOS lifters in Canada. Bought the last set he had.

Nice find. Dema recommended new stock lifters. He didn't know where to get them. I've not been able to find any do I ended up buying a parkerised set from Type4store.com.
anderssj
I've been running an Elgin 7008-4 in my modified 2L since 1982. Engine has ~ stock displacement with Mahle euro PC set and dual DRLA 40s. IIRC, the cam is 280* duration (net intake lift = .420 @ cold .006 lash, net exhaust lift = .403 @ cold .008 lash). It's been great! I think Bayside in Redmond WA built at least one similar motor using the same cam in the mid- to late 1980s.
lonewolfe
I just checked my Elgin cam and it's a 7008. It's for a 2258cc 96x78 street engine run with Dellorto DRLA 40's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.