huh.gif
siverson
BUY IT NOW!!!
steuspeed
Dream On... GLWTS
screenguy914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 11 2016, 04:09 PM) *

unsure.gif

Someone should be embarrassed for displaying this.

S
bretth
Damn. Makes my sub par car look great.
irish914.jpg
Brett
JawjaPorsche
Unfortunately someone will buy it and will think they are getting a good deal.
scotty b
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Mar 11 2016, 04:37 PM) *

Unfortunately someone will buy it and will think they are getting a good deal.

We heard it fire up and saw some older guy with a bidders tag crawling all over it while it ran.....poorly.......

90% of the cars at this particular auction were poor condition with HIGH asking prices. Poor body work, poor repaints, partially un-assembled after repaint etc.....One of the workers overheard me pointing out all the flaws ( serious ones ) on a 930 and whipped her head around then ducked into a 964 to detail the interior

bandjoey
It's a rust bucket under that frog green paint. $2500 project car??
Puebloswatcop
WTF.gif Holy crap....that car has more seam separations than seams it came with from the factory. I sure hope no one buys it as a car but maybe it could be used for parts $500.....$1,000 max. ar15.gif
pete000
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
jim_hoyland
Added VIN to database...
Chris914n6
What a piece of stromberg.gif and I'm talking about the guy trying to "sell" it.
Bulldog9
I know where I/m going if I ever sell mine...
JeffBowlsby
We have heard that the trend is for auction houses to fill up with inventory from what used to be or should be on CL and Ebay, owners wanting top dollar for low quality. Its the greed from all those auction shows on TV kicking in. Most people with the means to buy from auctions are not fooled by this garbage. The auction houses must certainly be lowering their standard for what they accept, which will only backfire. High value sellers will not want their vehicle to be associated with garbage - they will just not use these auction houses. From these photos the 'high impact' has nothing to do with the willow green, looks like a new clip could have been poorly installed.
carr914
Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Presented as a 1970 MY with a '71 VIN. What's up with that? Bogus is almost too good a word for this offering.
cwpeden
But it has the ultra rare 2 barrel carb!
And the 'hydraulic' disk brakes....I should upgrade to those! I've heard they are awesome.
wndsnd
Yeah!

Not upside down anymore!

Oh, ah , never mind..... mad.gif

PanelBilly
Makes my car worth 100,000
rgalla9146
High impact green paint ?
Low impact bodywork
rick 918-S
That kind of pisses me off. I tried to list 7 of 9 in the auction there during the 914 thing and was basically told 914's are not worth enough. Then they allow that junk in there. No wonder there is that impression out there.

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Does it qualify as a POS ?
somd914
I think I need to call Hagarty and up my agreed upon value... av-943.gif

And perhaps it isn't so bad that I couldn't make Amelia this year, I see far better cars every weekend around here.
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment
So hot right now.
EdwardBlume
3/70?
SKL1
I'm about 99% sure that same car was at the Bonhams auction in Scottsdale in January. It was way in the back row of a bunch of Porsches with an estimate of 30K. Can't believe they even let it in the auction- was a total POS and totally embarassing to say the least.
I assume either it didn't sell there or someone really stupid is trying to flip. The shipping costs alone are worth more than the car because they could have NEVER driven it from AZ to FLA!!
Cuda911
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 11 2016, 07:05 PM) *

Does it qualify as a POS ?

Yes. Surprised they didn't put that in the ad.
Gustl
IPB Image

interesting VIN idea.gif

w00t.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Coondog
I thought the Amelia island auctions were for concours or rare cars.
scotty b
There are multiple auctions all week with varying quality cars. This particular auction (Motostalgia ) is new this year, and is by far the worst one of the bunch. There was a new one the last couple years ( Hollywood wheels ) that I thought had bad cars, until this one popped up. dry.gif
tomrev
Sweet! Wish I had these detailing skills!
Mueller
I'm embarrassed and it is not even my car!

Someone should have their business license revoked and be prevented from ever auctioning off cars.
RabbitStew914
Beautiful 914!

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 11 2016, 09:48 PM) *

That kind of pisses me off. I tried to list 7 of 9 in the auction there during the 914 thing and was basically told 914's are not worth enough. Then they allow that junk in there. No wonder there is that impression out there.

Click to view attachment

02loftsmoor
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 11 2016, 06:09 PM) *

unsure.gif

Hey don't blame that on me, I didn't work on that one, I use high grade spray paint. drooley.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
#4712908012 SOLD at Bonhams Scottsdale AZ auction for $16500 on 28 January 2016. It was described as "beautifully presented".

The only thing that could possibly justify that price considering its condition is the strange (in my opinion) trend for "collectors" to value "barn finds" or otherwise nasty, ratty, suspect, original cars far beyond their real worth.

Paul
SirAndy
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 15 2016, 07:03 PM) *

#4712908012 SOLD at Bonhams Scottsdale AZ auction for $16500 on 28 January 2016. It was described as "beautifully presented".

wacko.gif
SKL1
Trust me, it was NOT beautifully presented in Scottsdale. It was a total embarassment... can't believe someone paid that for it. Not sure it was even worth $1000!
rhodyguy
Estimated values for everyday 914s have exceeded the rediculus. Really...I can still remember when a $3500 car with issues was NOT a deal.
EdwardBlume
A car like this brought to auction takes all of our cars down.... and its a 71 based on the VIN.... barf.gif
branston
Auction result shows sold at $9900 !

http://motostalgia.com/car-detail/?car=AIC...712908012-AIC16

Wow makes mine worth $100k too.
rhodyguy
Ha! Reality check. No soup for consignee.
Coondog
Add in a 10 % buyers premium plus sales tax and someone paid $ 9000.00 to much.
scotty b
I added the VIN to the thread title last night just in case the new owner decides to Gurggle it happy11.gif

I'm amazed this car even got a second look in that condition
bulitt
How was the weather?
And Beer?
era vulgaris
The continuing story of this car...or, how to polish a turd biggrin.gif

https://www.dickbarbourperformance.com/1971...10/Details.aspx
rhodyguy
"Captivating looking" what ever the hell that means. 18k worth of fun. Or not.
era vulgaris
At least is has Djet again. But somebody decided it would be a "good" idea to just spray over whatever all the cracked stuff was in the front trunk, rather than remove it before paint. wacko.gif

One thing that hasn't been mentioned anywhere, is that the exterior respray is off several shades from the original paint door jambs.
mepstein
The paint helps deflect for a moment from realizing the car was hit and not repaired properly. Well, maybe not a moment but a second or two. Well, maybe not a second, the hit is obvious and just sort of jumps out at you as soon as you see the car. It was more than a little icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.