Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS '73 2.0 on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cairo94507
This is a nice appearing '73 2.0 car. My concerns are the negative feedback and poor score of the seller. I would want to lay eyes on this car and make sure it is as advertised, that the seller actually owns the car and has title, and make the purchase in person and leave with the car at that time.

Aside from that, I would love to buy this car if it checked out.

Any time someone uses a name like the seller my red flags pop up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-RARE-G...em=381565589466
carr914
Obviously some kind of Dealer!
era vulgaris
I saw that car the other day on ebay too. Yeah seller seems sketchy but the car does look good. Looks about the same ride height as my car. They do look good low! biggrin.gif
carguy987
Yes 92.7% is bad on eBay and all the negatives were on cars he sold in the last 12 months. And doesn't seem like he knows that much about Porsche, he calls the Boxster Tiptronic transmission a Trip tronic. I really like the car though, but without bottom pictures you have to see it.
He never says he is a dealer but he sells lots of cars on eBay. Looks like he is a curbstoner because one negative feedback said... "he sold me a car that was not his."
JOEPROPER
This car is nice. However, I've seen similar cars in BETTER shape go for that price. There are also a few flaws. Dents, dash, odd radio install, P/S wiper insert??? Back looks kind of low too. I am skeptical of Ebay to begin with...
carguy987
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Mar 12 2016, 11:20 AM) *

This car is nice. However, I've seen similar cars in BETTER shape go for that price. There are also a few flaws. Dents, dash, odd radio install, P/S wiper insert??? Back looks kind of low too. I am skeptical of Ebay to begin with...

Yeah something is up with the wipers. And I don't like the way the frt trunk fits.
Tom_T
agree.gif

This is a dealer posing as a private party, one bad rating within last month says local NV PD is investigating him due to trying sell a car without legal title, his replies to other complainers is a smart arse blow-off, & this 914 is far from original, door panels are holed for speakers, possible rear trunk & under belly rust - hell hole!? - engine sounds off while reversing in the video .... etc., etc., etc. ..... dry.gif

Buyer beware! sad.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Coondog
If you can't take the time to put a knob on the radio, then I wonder what dark secerts this car holds. It will be interesting what the bids are.
turk22
I agree with the comments, especially regarding the seller....but, there is a lot of very good things about the car. If someone was serious about a 73, that one would be worth a look. Most of the non-original things are pretty easily corrected..

Its getting close to the top of its market as it sits, but if its as clean as it looks rust wise...its still a good value...
Cuda911
^^^ I agree. Looks like a good car overall, for the price. Of course, in person it may have more issues than in the pix.
rhodyguy
The clutch may be in "excellent shape" (what ever the hell that means) but I don't like the way the pedal sits at rest. I guess that is what 13k buys these days. You would think the seller could at least slide the wiper blade fully into the arm for pictures. biggrin.gif "this car is a head turner". smilie_pokal.gif OK. Credit for a clean ashtray and cig lighter element. I guess... unsure.gif dry.gif
914time
Say what you will. Yes, the seller may be sketchy, but it's a 73 2.0L AG car. Overall, looks really nice. Some time detailing and getting rid of the hideous speakers, EQ and radio, you have something very desirable.

My guess is bids to $18 - $20k. Scoff as you may, but I think it will do it.
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(914time @ Mar 14 2016, 09:43 AM) *

Say what you will. Yes, the seller may be sketchy, but it's a 73 2.0L AG car. Overall, looks really nice. Some time detailing and getting rid of the hideous speakers, EQ and radio, you have something very desirable.

I don't know anyone thinks the car isn't nice. However, I think $18-$20k brings an near perfect 914. Auction ends tonight and i don't think 5-7k increase is happening.
My.02
87m491
Looks like $13,500 got it done....

QUOTE(914time @ Mar 14 2016, 06:43 AM) *

Cairo94507
Now we just have to hope the buyer actually gets the car in the ad and it has a legal title, etc.

I would have loved that car, but not without laying my eyeballs or someone here doing that for me. Then I would fly there to pay and take the car with me on a flatbed.
gcrotvik
Winning bid: $13,467.00 [ 26 bids ]
JOEPROPER
Ended early. It was scheduled to end in around 3 hrs. idea.gif

JOEPROPER
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 14 2016, 04:39 PM) *

Now we just have to hope the buyer actually gets the car in the ad and it has a legal title, etc.

I would have loved that car, but not without laying my eyeballs or someone here doing that for me. Then I would fly there to pay and take the car with me on a flatbed.

We may get the answers to these questions if/when the buyer surfaces here. Looks good but Ebay is a very chancy arena...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.