Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Porsche holy shit!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Holy crap you just never know what you are going to find at random people's house's. My son needed a headlight for his subaru legacy. Found one on local craigslist for $40. So went over to grab it. Guys house is nothing special. Has a nice addition in back with a dual car garage/shop. Has the parts in the shop so I go in. He has some old mopar stuff he is working on. Nothing that was to amazing to me. Along with this subaru he is parting out. I see an older air cooled motor on the floor. Tiny little thing I assumed was out of a bug. I asked him whats with the VW motor I don't see one of those? He says it's a Porsche motor. It goes in this 356? Tucked in the back corner with misc stuff burying it. He's got a 58 356. He then says I have 4 of them. Bought all of them in the 70's. He has a 58, a 59 a 61 & a 62. The other 3 were in different shops. One just across the street at another house he owns. The other 2 at other properties of his. Guy has been in construction for years. Sorry no pictures. I could barely tell the one in the corner was a 356 because it was so buried. Never would have given it a second thought if he hadn't said anything. Couldn't get within 10ft of it as it was. I asked if he was interested in selling one. He laughed & said hell no. My kids have all claimed them long ago sad.gif . Just walked away with a smile after talking with him for 30min. Great guy in his mid to late 60's I'd guess. Huge car guy to be sure & is into just about everything. He had a nice 500+hp acura in his house garage. Next to his 350z. In his shop was a 38 ford, some mid 90's honda hatchback with a cage for racing & 2 other molar cars I didn't even look at. Guy just blew my mind aktion035.gif
r_towle
No pics, it's not real
gandalf_025
Rich....
Just walking into your barn yields similar
results.....
wndsnd
Yup, sounds like Towles barn of antiquities.. biggrin.gif
JRust
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 12 2016, 02:14 PM) *

No pics, it's not real

I should have pressed for some. The way it was buried in the corner I didn't bother as you couldn't see much of it. With the others being in different locations I also didn't press to see them. I'll try to get back with him some time to get some. I definitely saved his number. I didn't doubt the guy for a second though. Guy wasn't a bull shitter
Blue6
Jamie, almost fell for it, then I remembered, isn't that wacky weed stuff legal in your parts? Just thinking! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.