Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbies Needs - Opinions Please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nvr2mny
Guys/Gals, As you can ascertain I'm new to this forum, but am somewhat active on the earlysregistry and Pelican, under the same username. We are fortunate enough to have a few longhood and mid-year 911's & 912's. Never owned or have any experience with the 914. I'm looking at a '73 Zambezi Green 1.7 at Hyman Motors. www.hymanltd.com I'm in Kansas City and Hyman is in St Louis so it's fairly local to me. I'd very much appreciate any and all comments (+ or -) if you have time to look and post. I need one in as close to perfect, hopefully original, condition for an unusual project I have in mind. Not looking for a major resto project. Also, looking for a good shop familiar with 914's for a PPI if I bite on this. Thanks for any and all help!
3d914
It looks to be a fine example. Gaps are good, the paint looks to be original color throughout. Fuel injection appears to be intact. If it runs and there isn't a spot of rust in the usual places, the mileage is actually 90k and not 190k, then I'd say it likely worth close to what they're asking.

There are others following values more than me, so take it with a grain of salt.

Good luck.
steuspeed
For $19,500 that should be a show car. That's about a $10K car if the paint looks like a better match in person. Hood and fenders look different in that light.
turk22
It may be the photo's or my screen, but the hood color seems a shade off, compared to the fenders...just not sure.
The seats when viewing the car from behind don't look right, almost like they have them swapped on the wrong side.
The car looks good, but no photos of the underside, and not enough of common trouble spots means an in person or PPI is the way to go. I hope that someone can recommend someone for PPI
Big Len
Isn't this the same car?

http://hollywoodwheels.com/auction/amelia-...1b400-51a1b400/
nvr2mny
Thanks for the feedback so far. Yes Big Len, that is the same car. I wonder if they shipped it out to Amelia's for the auction w/hollywoodwheels (which I hear has a terrible rep)
thelogo
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Mar 12 2016, 03:29 PM) *

For $19,500 that should be a show car. That's about a $10K car if the paint looks like a better match in person. Hood and fenders look different in that light.

laugh.gif

Yeh like 10 , 11 ,12 used to be 4, 5 ,6 k ,ha

Depending on minor stuff like seals , rubber ,blah blah blah

But i would assume for that price (20k)
,you could at least
Go 5 lug fuchs ,and big 2.0

It totally changes the personality of the car right ?
thelogo
QUOTE(thelogo @ Mar 12 2016, 10:48 PM) *

QUOTE(steuspeed @ Mar 12 2016, 03:29 PM) *

laugh.gif

Yeh like 10 , 11 ,12 used to be 4, 5 ,6 k ,ha

Depending on minor stuff like seals , rubber ,blah blah blah

But i would assume for that price (20k)
,you could at least
Go 5 lug fuchs ,and big 2.0

It totally changes the personality of the car right ?

While were at it

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5481361746.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5468221220.html

Talk to me about this yellow one sawzall-smiley.gif
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5470405439.html
And what went wrong here 20 k again
JOEPROPER
The car is OK. Seem to be a lot of flaws which doesn't warrant that price tag. Cracks in dash, front and rear trunk lid colors don't match. I know the adjacent panels in the light could be a factor but one pic shows them at the same angle. Odd choice of radio, vinyl imperfect, etc... For that price, I think you can find a much better 914. Also, there are no pictures of underside or hell hole. Tape on air ducts... I could go on, but you get the picture.
TheCabinetmaker
I see no link to pics of this car. Where are you seeing them at?
nvr2mny
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Mar 13 2016, 09:42 AM) *

I see no link to pics of this car. Where are you seeing them at?

www.hymanltd.com

Thanks!
EdwardBlume
Was this the same one at RRV? If so, a lot of us saw it.... happy11.gif
Cuda911
Looks like a decent car, but I have learned all too well that pix are far from seeing a car in person. Price seems rather steep to me.
gereed75
check for the typical rust areas and assuming they are solid and no other big surprises, this looks to be a fair price for a complete, largely original car

Certainly the car could be nit picked. That seems to be the tendency here. But I contend that a car that could not be nit picked would be worth nearly twice the ask.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.