Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dual Kadron 40 carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
Morning all, I installed Kadron dual 40 single barrel carbs on my 914 and she runs beautifully but I want to know how much you think I am losing in horsepower. I have experimented with a lot of carbs but these run smoother that any others I have installed on a 914. Thanks
McMark
What size is the engine? Probably a very very low HP loss (basically zero) unless it's a built-up motor.
914Mike
QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Mar 13 2016, 07:24 AM) *

Morning all, I installed Kadron dual 40 single barrel carbs on my 914 and she runs beautifully but I want to know how much you think I am losing in horsepower. I have experimented with a lot of carbs but these run smoother that any others I have installed on a 914. Thanks

I ran the baby Webers for years and was amazed at how smooth they were.

For me the drivability was worth the little bit of power missing. I could still hit redline in 5th, so not an issue, IMO.
RonnieJ
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 13 2016, 12:57 PM) *

What size is the engine? Probably a very very low HP loss (basically zero) unless it's a built-up motor.

It's a stock 1.7 with a carb cam.
McMark
No problem. Kadron 40s should be fine. Make sure they're synched perfectly at idle and cracked open. If you're losing HP, it's from carb sync, carb tuning (mixture), or ignition curve. Pay lots of attention to those if you want the most out of the motor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.