Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB; Pristine 14 72/73 2.0 or lower
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
nvr2mny
As the title/description states I'm looking for (I know, who isn't!) as close to a perfect example of a '72 or '73 as I can "reasonably" get. I have an idea of what to expect to pay even though I'm new to this forum at least. Want it to be in unrestored condition and NOT a project. Planning on doing a very unique, as of yet undone (as far as I know) conversion. Please feel free to post here or pm me if you have any leads. Glad to pay a finders fee if it's one I'm not aware of and I purchase. Thanks!
iwanta914-6
You want a perfect original example only to turn it into a conversion?
MikeInMunich
The white car on EBay right now, with reference to it here just yesterday, looks sweet. I would check that car out.
cmpski
QUOTE(nvr2mny @ Mar 13 2016, 09:29 AM) *

As the title/description states I'm looking for (I know, who isn't!) as close to a perfect example of a '72 or '73 as I can "reasonably" get. I have an idea of what to expect to pay even though I'm new to this forum at least. Want it to be in unrestored condition and NOT a project. Planning on doing a very unique, as of yet undone (as far as I know) conversion. Please feel free to post here or pm me if you have any leads. Glad to pay a finders fee if it's one I'm not aware of and I purchase. Thanks!

Actually he is looking for a 73 or 74 as I'll build the car. A rare color would be nice. A 1.7 or 1.8 will be fine as the engine will end up on a engine stand to be kept with the car. We might look at a GTized car but the flairs must be metal, perfect and I will bring Jon the metal surgeon. He is we'll known on the early 911S registry. The car would need extensive pictures of the bare car if metal or paint work was ever done.
I can be reached at cspomares@gmail.com.
My other contact information is on my site. www.reSeeWorks.com
Thanks everyone.
Chris Pomares
rhodyguy
What is the expected purchase price for a pristine, preferably unmolested original condition 73' 914? North of $20k?
cmpski
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 4 2016, 08:25 AM) *

What is the expected purchase price for a pristine, preferably unmolested original condition 73' 914? North of $20k?

That's a good question. We'll see. We are looking for the nicest low mileage 73-74 car we can find.
Chris
iwanta914-6
It's neither perfect, pristine, nor unmolested, and it's black, but you could take the money saved and make it perfect. Just saying. Not mine, absolutely no affiliation...

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/5522888283.html
cmpski
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Apr 5 2016, 06:18 AM) *

It's neither perfect, pristine, nor unmolested, and it's black, but you could take the money saved and make it perfect. Just saying. Not mine, absolutely no affiliation...

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/5522888283.html

Thanks for the info.
boxsterfan
Are you planning on stripping the car down to bare chassis?

I have a 1974 2.0L. Car was pretty much original save for Momo steering wheel. I've been taking the car apart in my garage for the build-off challenge, but the project has stalled somewhat.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=257306&hl=
87m491
this looks like it would fit the "pristine" bill.

http://r.ebay.com/Qsrozr

nvr2mny
87m491,

Thanks for the info I'll contact Michael Wilhoit about this car. He must've just got it because I was just on his site last week. You should check out the house he has for sale called the African Queen, absolutely stunning. This guy gets amazing cars and does things first class all the way. Super nice guy too. Thanks!!
vdavie
QUOTE(nvr2mny @ Apr 8 2016, 06:54 PM) *

87m491,

Thanks for the info I'll contact Michael Wilhoit about this car. He must've just got it because I was just on his site last week. You should check out the house he has for sale called the African Queen, absolutely stunning. This guy gets amazing cars and does things first class all the way. Super nice guy too. Thanks!!

He is pretty good guy. I bought a really cool custom motorcycle from him. He deals a lot in 928's. He is a bit on the expensive side of things but he has nice stuff.

Vince
cmpski
I just talked to Michael. We'll look into this car.
Chris
rhodyguy
As the car has AC it will not meet the unmollested aspect of your search. There will be a big hole in the front trunk floor, the pass side engine shelve will have a section cut out of it and there will be a multitude of holes drilled to accommodate the AC lines. Not all AC installs were done to high standards. My car was an AC car. The front trunk cut looked like it had been done with an ax. Ask if the AC is functional.
cmpski
Thanks for the info.
Chris
87m491
Another one?
http://r.ebay.com/cZMJWC

QUOTE(cmpski @ Apr 11 2016, 04:34 PM) *

Thanks for the info.
Chris

Evil914
QUOTE(87m491 @ Apr 8 2016, 12:52 PM) *

this looks like it would fit the "pristine" bill.

http://r.ebay.com/Qsrozr

Hell,that's cheap compared to some of the insane asking prices I've seen on some so-called survivor cars

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.