Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who has done a subaru 3.6 conversion here,.?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
just curious on a couple of things,..engine,cradel/ mount,..headers V factory exhaust..etc Thanks FM
rnellums
QUOTE(flmont @ Mar 14 2016, 04:59 PM) *

just curious on a couple of things,..engine,cradel/ mount,..headers V factory exhaust..etc Thanks FM

Lots of ez30s, no ez36 I have heard of. Engine external dimensions and mounts are identical (same bore, longer stroke I believe) because the case is the same.

I'm running Ian's cradle and axles on mine and it works well enough. About 5k miles on it so far.

2003 2.5 RS TRANSMISSION.
Chris H.
I remember one...let me find it... haven't seen an update in a while. He had a good plan.

Here it is:

skeates 3.6L thread

76-914
Build your own cradle. By making my own cradle I saved enough to buy a bender and a Miller 140!
914forme
agree.gif You have a bender confused24.gif
76-914
QUOTE(914forme @ Mar 15 2016, 01:01 PM) *

agree.gif You have a bender confused24.gif

Yep, that chromolly pushed it to it's limits though. I think some softer DOM would be easier to bend but it would need to be.120" instead of .090" like the chromolly.
rick 918-S
I drove Kent's car. Need's some real sticky tires. I think I burned off a quarter of the tread through the first 3 gears! aktion035.gif
flmont
I cant build my own craddel,..small car,..said they don't have one for the 3.6,..and if coldwater cant(and I doubt he would),then, yes I will have to go that route,but for now I need easy,..Thanks Frank
flmont
oh,..and thanks Chris H.
Chris914n6
You should find this interesting. 911 ez36 swap
flmont
Thanks,.. chris914N6...I have indeed...Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.