Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Heat exchangers and some sheet metal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mikey914
This is a 75 2.0 motor that was in my son's car, he had no heat, so I'm having Cary do some sheet metal work and I'm trying to get it all back together.

I need some heat exchangers as these have seen better days. They appear to be 1.8 as they have the triangle flange to mount the exhaust.
I also need the sheet metal in the diagram below as it's missing.
mepstein
If the "sheet metal" from a 1.7 -'71 will fit, I have you covered. No charge, I have plenty of this stuff.
I have a muffler hanger to fit the early exchangers.
I don't have heat exchangers though.
boxstr
Mark, I will look at CAMP 914 tomorrow, I have some of what you need.
Also, look at the text I sent for that steering shaft piece.
Craig at CAMP
bdstone914
If you don't get the heater tin from Mark let me know as I have it too. I might have one 1974 1.8 heat exchanger. They have the same pipe size as the 2.0L One year only part. You will also need early warm air guides and warn air elbows in addition to the circled parts in the image. Those are stock heater boxes for 75-76 1.8 and 2.0L.
Tom_T
Mark,

You can just put the bigger pipes 2.0 HEs & muffler on the 1.8, & it'll breathe better & make a bit more HP/TQ than stock. Even in CA that 75 would still be smog exempt without the 1.8 HE & Crapalytic Converter (on CA cars only). IIRC all the heat tubes & pipes are essentially the same on both 1.8 & 2.0 as circled in red on your parts diagram.

Just sayin'! confused24.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 15 2016, 04:02 AM) *

Mark,

You can just put the bigger pipes 2.0 HEs & muffler on the 1.8, & it'll breathe better & make a bit more HP/TQ than stock. Even in CA that 75 would still be smog exempt without the 1.8 HE & Crapalytic Converter (on CA cars only). IIRC all the heat tubes & pipes are essentially the same on both 1.8 & 2.0 as circled in red on your parts diagram.

Just sayin'! confused24.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

When he uses SS 1.7/1,8 heat exchangers they will have the same inside diameter as the 2.0 but cost less.
rhodyguy
Dependent on the heat exchangers you decide on, Dave Ellison might be able to retro fit the Triad with the correct heat exchanger to muffler flanges.
malcolm2
aren't the triangle flanges an indicator of age vs. engine size. So 75-76 had the triangle and the short exhaust "header" pipe? Not shown in your diagram. I would say the daig. is a 74 and older.
Mikey914
Thanks Guys, I do have a lead on the 75 1.8 bits. Just waiting to see some pics, hopefully it will have most of what I need.

This is for my RUSToration that Cary is doing for me. So, yes we can easilly fabricate what we need, but 1st choice it to get what fits. biggrin.gif I love the Triad, and will be keeping it on.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.