Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: F#$%ing eBay newbies...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
In over 150 transactions on eBay, this is the first time I've had a non-paying bidder. mad.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5760429118

Bid in the last few hours, with a 'few hours old' account, and now isn't responding to my payment requests. Damn that irks me! ar15.gif

Anyone want to buy a 60-gig iPod Photo?

I've got her contact info...should I call???
ArtechnikA
it's a holiday weekend for some people. and s/he may indeed be new to the whole Internet/EBay thing. i actually worked with some people (who should have known better) who checked their email once every month or so whether they thought they needed to or not. we have a friend who blocks all email exccept for 2 or 3 accounts of people she has met in person...

give it another week or so. (your ad doesn't have the pay in 72 hours or else some do...)

or call. Monday is a holiday in some locales too...

just MHO, do what you can live with...
CptTripps
Yeah, I'm going to wait the 7-days before I do anything else...it just makes me nervous that they signed up the day before the auction ended.
Cap'n Krusty
I'd give the winning bidder a few days, then offer it to the next highest bidder. I'd be sure to give the non-payer a blistering feedback, as well ....................... The Cap'n
grantsfo
Damn thats an expensive hard drive! As an ex-Apple employee I'm always amazed at how much people pay for those things.
skline
I think might have scared her away. "PayPal is IT as fart as payment options"
CptTripps
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 24 2005, 09:38 PM)
I think might have scared her away. "PayPal is IT as fart as payment options"

Yeah, I saw that, but already had a bidder by the time I caught it...

o-well...
morph
I sold a part on ebay, people bid a premium on in and we were very content, then an international bidder decided to snipe it. The auction said no international, but buyer decided not to read before bidding. I couldn't ship this part to his country, so he said he could have it sent to a relatives house, then I went through the task of packaging it and getting the best est through various shippers and the a-hole never paid, or responded to e-mails. By the time I relisted, about ten of these parts appeared on ebay and I sold it at less than 10% of what I sold it for the first time, I barely made profit after the fees.

Rant over,
Hiedi
xsboost90
i bid on some stuff on ebay one day and had a question. The guy never replied. I waited and emailed...gave up. One day im checking the SPAM folder at work and all of his many replies were in there. Got back and told him what happened and no problem. Then same thing when i sold something on there, the guys replies were going to the wrong acct. and when i found them i had already relisted it. I pulled it and the guy did buy the stuff. No problem, just dont overreact at first or you could lose a sale due to confusion.
Yoei66
I also have a non-payment situation in-progress for an item I am selling. The auction ended Monday. Seller doesn’t respond to invoice, or e-mail. finger.gif
If I don't see payment, or contact by seven days I'm going to send scathing feedback!
rhodyguy
put " if i have no return contact from the winning bidder within 7 days after the end of auction, i reserve the right to offer it to the next highest bidder." in your ad. you would have to contact them promptly after the auction ends.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.