Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front hood latch rebuilding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jameel
Anyone ever tried to rebuild their hood latch? My pin was knocked loose at some point, and I can't seem to get the spring tensioned properly, line up the latch, and get the pin pushed through it all. I think I can flip the short leg of the spring underneath with a needle nose plier, but the straight portion seems too short. The mechanism is sound, just having a hard time getting it put back together.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Mike Bellis
unhook the spring from the lever. place the right side of the spring in the correct position (rotate it over). replace pin or through bolt. Use a flat head screwdriver to push the hook side of the spring back and around the lever.

Done!
bandjoey
Lots of good used ones around. I think I have 3. If u don't fix yours $12 mailed to you. Pm me if you need to. beer.gif
Jameel
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Mar 14 2016, 09:10 PM) *

unhook the spring from the lever. place the right side of the spring in the correct position (rotate it over). replace pin or through bolt. Use a flat head screwdriver to push the hook side of the spring back and around the lever.

Done!

You make it sound easy. I'll give it a try. I think the straight leg of my spring is too short though. I'll give it a shot.

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 14 2016, 09:14 PM) *

Lots of good used ones around. I think I have 3. If u don't fix yours $12 mailed to you. Pm me if you need to. beer.gif

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind if I fail.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.