Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone installed Cibie lights outside the bumper?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
greg.treadway
I am wondering what size actually looks the best. I'm thinking of doing Cibie lights on the outside of my chrome bumper but some are trying to talk me out of it.
machina
i did,

used the holes that were already in the bumper from the rubber bumpers. I ended up removing them before my next race. They looked cool but really not to functional on a sprint race car.

Since then I have removed the factory fog lights and all the headlight motors, etc.
jasons
Usually I think the lights you see are the Cibie Oscars which are 8" I believe. You could use the good ole aftermarket Hella 500's which are 6" and much shallower. I like the way they look on the right cars.
greg.treadway
So David, which Cibies are those on the car?
machina
QUOTE (greg.treadway @ Mar 25 2005, 10:56 AM)

they are vintage cibie iode, they are very thin in profile and probably 20 years old or so but they work.
JmuRiz
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Mar 25 2005, 08:46 AM)
QUOTE (greg.treadway @ Mar 25 2005, 10:56 AM)

they are vintage cibie iode, they are very thin in profile and probably 20 years old or so but they work.

and probably cost a lot mad.gif If I do it, I'll have to go with the Hellas, since they are at least 1/2 the price...sucks they aren't porsche 914 GT "correct" though.
Series9
Hella 500s:
machina
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Mar 25 2005, 11:56 AM)
and probably cost a lot mad.gif If I do it, I'll have to go with the Hellas, since they are at least 1/2 the price...sucks they aren't porsche 914 GT "correct" though.

$100 for the pair, not too bad.
boxstr
I have a set that I am going to be selling at CAMP 914 that will be a 6" Halogen round, with a very thin profile. These will have the look of the early Hella and Cibie, but at a much lower cost.
I will be bringing pairs of the Pilot lites with the stainless steel mounting brackets to WCC, as well as the new CAMP RALLY lites.
CCLINLIGHTMYFIRE
djm914-6
Maybe I've just watched the Cannonball Run and Gumball Rally too often, but I still love that look.

I had Cibie Oscars on my first Golf and want to mount some on the 914 like in these pics.
greg.treadway
Does anyone know if the Lunar Lighting guy has the old style Cibies? The Oscars are quite deep.
JmuRiz
QUOTE (boxstr @ Mar 25 2005, 09:12 AM)
I have a set that I am going to be selling at CAMP 914 that will be a 6" Halogen round, with a very thin profile. These will have the look of the early Hella and Cibie, but at a much lower cost.
I will be bringing pairs of the Pilot lites with the stainless steel mounting brackets to WCC, as well as the new CAMP RALLY lites.
CCLINLIGHTMYFIRE

Great news from the CAMP, I'll be sure to check them out when they are avail. One question, will they have covers for them (for track days in the daytime etc)? Thanks.
BTW where can you get Cibies for $100/pair, i've seen them for that much each...
machina
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Mar 25 2005, 01:30 PM)
BTW where can you get Cibies for $100/pair, i've seen them for that much each...

just lucky on ebay i guess.
boxstr
Nathan, yes the lites will have covers. And no I have not tried to get Cibies. I will also attempt to fab a bracxket for mounting fro 914s without foglites, and not have to go to expsense of new grilles.
CCLINLIGHTMYFIRE
boxstr
Here is a pic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.