Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emergancy brake or Parking brake?? or both??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
being that it is a mechanical device with not too much to do with the normal operating brakes, I'd consider it an emergancy brake, but is it really considered that or is it a parking that can be used in an emergancy???

TheCabinetmaker
Mike, you got too much time on your hands!!!! laugh.gif
riverman
Okay, I'll bite. I say it's a parking brake you can use in an emergency. Hopefully you park your car more often than you have emergencies.
redshift
For it to act like a real e-brake, it's haves to bes mounteds ins the middles. smile.gif

It's a parking brake.

M
Brando
I'd call it an emergency brake.

Back a few months ago when my brakes failed (caliper died) and the pedal sunk to the floor, i had to use it to make an emergency stop unsure.gif
ArtechnikA
try to use it to stop the car if the nature of your emergency is that you have no pads because someone left the PARKING brake on...

the 911's fully redundent shoe mechanism is a true emergency brake...

anyway - this is why i always call it the "hand brake.' less to type, too. (as opposed to the 'service brake' ...)
riverman
QUOTE (Brando @ Mar 24 2005, 10:14 PM)
I'd call it an emergency brake.

Back a few months ago when my brakes failed (caliper died) and the pedal sunk to the floor, i had to use it to make an emergency stop unsure.gif

Yeah, but then you parked it, right? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.