Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody work for a Kawasaki dealer??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Throttle bodies are from a Ninja ZX-12R, I need the rubber intake flange....SUDCO has them for the carb'd bikes and i is too small, I need 58mm for i

Since I am building these for 2 motors (both /4's), the cost is starting to add up and if I spend too much, it sorts of defeats the reasoning behind this DIY project (I could use the "just 'cause I can" excuse, but I do like to save some money sometimes smile.gif )

I plan on heading down to the local dealer this week, but I am afraid of what they'll want and any discount would be greatly appreciated...a kickback of something will be in it for you smile.gif

physician
oh 4x 46mm throttle bodies on a 914?

i put 43mm on my ( i know, ricer) gsr-civic on the monts.. DIY itb are great smilie_pokal.gif

and well.. thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Mueller
thread is here:

Another crazy project by Mueller

user posted image
PatW
Check out.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/

Or.

http://www.fremontcycle.com/
Mueller
thanks Pat....

Sherryl said hi.....she and Paula were talking about you last week smile.gif

Gary
Mike,

Took mine apart this weekend, and put a pair of calipers on them. It appears they are from the 600cc Ninja. They have 38mm (1.50") bores and are on 75.6mm (2.975") centers. The flange that mates to the manifold is 53mm (2.085") in diameter.

A picture from the intake side:
Gary
From the top:
Gary
Funky rubber stacks, in two sizes. The short ones were on the outer two TBs, the longer on the inner two:
Gary
The 600cc Ninja turned 120HP crank, so injectors should be a pretty good match. The on-center spacing is quite different from the Type IV intake manifold, so looks like I'll be looking for someone with a MIG or TIG to weld some pipes to a pair of cutoff manifolds.
rick 918-S
Gary, were those on your 914? ..or... confused24.gif Oh nevermind. I was speed reading. screwy.gif Really cool stuff! I have a local friend that wants to do that with a 928 motor. 8 throttle bodies with tall polished stacks.
physician
i have many dimension on bike itb if anyine need those info

many honda and suzuki, maybe other like ducati to...

if someone need, let me know;)

and oh yeah, suuzki gsxr can be separated, to fit any distance between ports smile.gif
michel richard
Do you also have a source of throttle bodies in the greater Montreal / greater south shore area ? I'm in Longueuil and the scrapyard I used to go to, who would let me rummage through cars is'nt there anymore.

Michel Richard
914/6 2.2E MFI
physician
i can try to find you anything you want, many friend..

i have a cbr600rr 40mm individual throtle bodies at home
i can sell it to you if you need it, i find a 43 mm cbr954rr for my civic laugh.gif

i can send you my phone number if you want

what are you looking for exactly?

and size... and have any idea for spacing?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.