Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sad day...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914time
What was a beautiful 1974 2.0L Appearance Group car with factory f/r sway bars.

Color was L96B - Alaska Blue Metallic.

Motor: GA009175

It was hit hard in the rear (previous owner). Motor is fine, but the trans where the starter sits cracked a tab off. In reality, it took the impact really well.

We pulled parts that we could and need for the 74 Bumblebee (gas tank, windshield, etc) and others.

Now, at the crusher.

I added it to the VIN database.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Hate to see the beautiful looking Fuch 2.0 wheel going? sad.gif
mgp4591
Rick could buff that out.... poke.gif
mepstein
Steering rack, wire harness, ect. I hope
preach
love that color. RIP
Chris914n6
Still a lot of meat left on that bone, specially in the rusty part of the country.
914time
We pulled nearly everything off (Fuchs included) smile.gif

I really like that color as well.
JOEPROPER
What do you want for the Fuchs???
Coondog
PO is lucky to be alive, the engery of that hit had to go right through the driver.
ndfrigi
What I really like with this 914, several 914s accident that really damaged the front trank or rear trank like this but the cockpit is pretty much intact and the door gap is still almost perfect.
turk22
Any idea on the history of the car? I restored an Alaska Blue '74 way back in the 80's, but lost the vin, and haven't had any luck tracking down what happened to it. Didn't have Fuch's back then tho'...

Click to view attachment

stugray
Very sad!

What happened to the broken trans?
ssuperflyoldguy
I would have rescued the front clip - cut right across as far back as possible. Maybe the entire longs just for fun. If it was a rust bucket, I wonder what the damage would have looked like...
boxsterfan
Nobody wanted any of the meat off of the front of that car?

Sad to see one go. german01.gif
dangerranger01
Dang....sad to see one go. I would have taken the cowl off of you if it wasnt in too bad of shape....is it crushed already??
whitetwinturbo
beer.gif
..................I could use the front trunk floor if still have car confused24.gif

PlantMan
Still looks like it is in better shape than my car.....
rick 918-S
I would give you what the crusher will pay for the rest of the car. I'll send you a PM. Any rust in the front trunk or the front panel?

Edit: I didn't see it was already at the crusher. dry.gif
Unobtanium-inc
I would think before I sent it to the crusher I would offer it up for FREE here or on craigslist. Scrap prices are very very low right now, so scrapping it probably netted about $35. Someone could have used what was left, or made yard art, anything other then turning a Porsche into an appliance.
EdwardBlume
What a bummer.....
gcarter85
I need the front clip.... my front windshield frame is toasted along with rest of front clip.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.