Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone know about this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
teenrookie
Does anyone know this 914 V8?

Kentucky is on the other side of the world from me,but not too far for a decent car.

Thanks-
Aaron Cox
James,

road trip to go look at it? lol2.gif
just buy lunch biggrin.gif

AA
teenrookie
Your off for easter break, maybe I should throw you on a plane with some tools and beer money!! laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (teenrookie @ Mar 24 2005, 10:19 PM)
Your off for easter break, maybe I should throw you on a plane with some tools and beer money!! laugh.gif

beerchug.gif ohmy.gif heaven! 914's, plane rides, and BEER! laugh.gif
teenrookie
Can you afford the time before WCC?

I will ask for tons of pictures, we can see what happens.
Aaron Cox
i have between now...and monday biggrin.gif

BTW- it has fuglee flares on it wink.gif
cdmcse
That car is about 30miles away from me if you are really interested maybe I could go take a look.
LvSteveH
I'm fairly sure that's Steve Malms old car, you might search around hear and the bird board if you are really interested in it. I think he sold it around 2 years ago. The new owner has been trying to resell it for a while.
boxstr
That is Sammys? old car. He probalby can tell you everything youwant to know.
TC Transport will ship to Tennesee for $950, so I would guess they would ship back this way for the same?
CCLINIHAVEAV8
teenrookie
QUOTE (cdmcse @ Mar 24 2005, 09:28 PM)
That car is about 30miles away from me if you are really interested maybe I could go take a look.

Thanks Chris-

I will call the owner tomorrow. Start the process. If it checkks out by picture and phone, I might ask to take you up on that.

Aaron-

I am hoping those fenders are just a bad angle, maybe son spots... I can hope right? laugh.gif

Chris-

What are the chances of minimal rust in Kentucky?
teenrookie
Do you guys think Steve and Sammy are one in the same?

Does Sammy live in Orange, CA. I remember a Sammy posting wh lives there.

Does anyone know Steve/Sammy's log on Id's?
boxstr
Steve Malms thats who owned that car.
CCLINDOH
Mueller
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Mar 24 2005, 10:32 PM)
I'm fairly sure that's Steve Malms old car, you might search around hear and the bird board if you are really interested in it. I think he sold it around 2 years ago. The new owner has been trying to resell it for a while.

yep...Steves old car...sascrotch or something like that smile.gif

Sammys 914's:

yellow=turbo /4 car
red(?)= V8 car
LvSteveH
I believe he called it sasquatch, and it's Steve Malm, good luck.
teenrookie
Thanks everyone-

I will start the search for Steve Malm
LvSteveH
I think he said it was a fun car, but fairly unrefined and stiff, not the most practical daily driver in the world.... but a blast to drive.
teenrookie
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Mar 24 2005, 09:54 PM)
I think he said it was a fun car, but fairly unrefined and stiff, not the most practical daily driver in the world.... but a blast to drive.

When he said "unrefined" Do you think he ment unrefined like all 914's or that it was underdeveloped as a transplant car. As far as "stiff" couldn't I change the rear springs and front TB's t ocure that.

Do you know where Steve is today?
boxstr
Witness Protection Plan.
CCLINSCOPRE
teenrookie
laugh.gif from selling a bad teener laugh.gif
rick 918-S
Steve Malms is a cool guy! That's his old car! Steve was absolutely driven in his quest to help the club get Dave's (korijo) Van done and delivered. Some of you new guys won't reccognize the name( best funk master voice) but show some respect! aktion035.gif
cdmcse
As far as rust and Kentucky, it will have plenty if it has been here a while. If it was truly a CA car most of its life and was recently transplanted here it should be fine.

But you never truly know until you cut it open sawzall-smiley.gif w00t.gif
Mueller
but show some respect!  

I can make fun of Steve, I gave him a GT flared 914 a few years ago smile.gif

hmmmm, I wonder who has pictures of that car with the 16" phonedials, looked pretty good? cool.gif
LvSteveH
All of this is going by photographic car memory biggrin.gif as I have never seen or driven the car, but I got the impression that it was a descent middle of the road conversion, done well, but not a top notch no expenses spared affair. After all it would be considerably more than $8500 if it was state of the art and done to the highest standard.

Steve came off as a very honest guy and represented the car as being a very solid and great entry level conversion.
skline
I think he sold the car for that price a few years ago. I remember the last time I saw it was out at the D&G when he lit up the tires and busted a CV. Everyone made a big joke out of it. You can prbably find pictures on the bird board under D&G swap meets. If you do talk to him, tell him to come visit us and not be such a stranger.
teenrookie
Skline hooked me up and you guys were right on the money.

Click on This

Then click on the tail dragger, click on "see the vehicles currently offered for sale", then bottom left corner "1973 Porsche 914-V8 AKA Sasquatch"

It is funny, it is just what Steve and Mike said are right on the money.

Thanks guys and I will tell him he is missed in the club.
Mueller
I wonder if Malmz old 300ZX V6 powered 914s owner is here on the club??? That was a great powerplant for a 914....very quick and nimble and sounded great......

skline
Chris Primm has a nissan powered 914 out in Vegas, He was at the WCC last year. I am hoping to see him again this year with it again. He was changing a lot of things on it and I would like to see his progress.
LvSteveH
Thanks for posting the link to his old site, just goes to show you how much of our brains are being wasted remembering useless car data, imagine if we put that to some productive use!
skline
I see that Steve is online, he must have got a PM from someone.

Hey Steve!!! wavey.gif
Malmz
Steve's an asswipe. Abandoned his 914 buddies for work and monster trucks. Hasn't had a 914 part in the garage for half a year (oops, except for that seal I found the other day).

What they said on Sasquatch. Fun on the little track, not so fun on the street. Rock hard, squeeky urethane bushings, loud motor w/o 350 power. Still fun and solid. Depends what you want and are looking for.

Muellers blue car is still sitting in my buddys driveway (it actually belongs to Jason now). it can be had for next to nothing. He's not going to build it. Fiberglass 916 flaired 4 lug roller. Needs some floorpan work to the shell. No papers '74. Good windshield goes with it.

sm
teenrookie
Thanks for the emails Steve. This is in fact not what I am looking for.

Sorry Aaron, no beer and planes for you laugh.gif

Chris- Thanks for offering to help.

Scott, Steve and Mike- Thanks for your memories and connections.

The hunt continues
Gint
QUOTE (Malmz @ Mar 25 2005, 12:25 AM)
Steve's an asswipe.  Abandoned his 914 buddies for work and monster trucks.   Hasn't had a 914 part in the garage for half a year (oops, except for that seal I found the other day).

What they said on Sasquatch.  Fun on the little track, not so fun on the street.  Rock hard, squeeky urethane bushings, loud motor w/o 350 power.  Still fun and solid.  Depends what you want and are looking for.

Muellers blue car is still sitting in my buddys driveway (it actually belongs to Jason now).  it can be had for next to nothing.  He's not going to build it.   Fiberglass 916 flaired 4 lug roller.  Needs some floorpan work to the shell.  No papers '74.  Good windshield goes with it.

sm

You still have that thing?

Hi Stevie! wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.