Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Panorama 914 feature
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
The March 2016 issue of Porsche Panorama has a fine feature story on #4712900003. A very original car with an interesting story and is still owned by the original purchaser.

Since Pete Stout became editor, the 914 has gotten more press than was previously allotted since the 914 ceased production.

Also of interest in this article, and I quote (from PCNA in Reno, circa 1983/84) "#4712900001, Irish Green, and #4712900002, Adriatic Blue-both cars crushed as part of crash testing. Hope this has been helpful." (Signed H (Howard)Adams.

I've added #00003 to the data base and am puzzled by the inclusion of #00001. idea.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 16 2016, 04:02 PM) *

Since Pete Stout became editor, the 914 has gotten more press than was previously allotted since the 914 ceased production.

agree.gif
That's been 914 content in more than half of the Panorama issues so far! smile.gif

And conversely since he left Excellence .... maybe the year or so before .... Excellence has gone downhill, they do little to update nor correct errors in their Buying Guide book & in magazine articles, less content in general & far fewer 914 articles, less pages/thinner, writing quality is down, etc., etc. sad.gif

So I'm thinking of just letting my Excellence subscription expire, & keep the PCA/Panorama going. Heck, Excellence costs more than PCA with membership for 2, + Panorama, + the local Region's little magazine, + Porsche & other discounts, etc.! blink.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
GaroldShaffer
Met the owner last year at Porsche parade in French Lick Indiana. Nice guy and nice car.

So I'm thinking of just letting my Excellence subscription expire, & keep the PCA/Panorama going. Heck, Excellence costs more than PCA with membership for 2, + Panorama, + the local Region's little magazine, + Porsche & other discounts, etc.

Tom that is what I did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.