Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Wrecks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Not to glorify someone else's pain, but only to learn from how 914s behave in accidents. For a vehicle that is close to 50 years old, low to the ground with limited safety provisions, I think its amazing at the level of occupant survivability in these cars.

Got any descriptive photos? Also please note any facts of the incident and the extent of known injuries.

Please do not post if it may cause someone else grief, that's not the point of this thread.

Here is one (avoidable) accident. Effectively a head-on and they lived.
GaroldShaffer
Seen this in a video on auto recycling on youtube.

GaroldShaffer
Green car belonged to a world member from AZ. He attended one of our Fall folilage classics we had here in Indiana. My understanding was landscape truck ran red light. Driver was injured with back & neck issues.
GaroldShaffer
Found these pictures on the web. One is from Porsche crash safety testing the other I believe in a junkyard in CA?

siverson
My contribution:

IPB Image

-Steve
914Sixer
The cars appear to be tough little machines on impact. Pictures show how well they were engineered.
Cuda911
See this thread. It shows a 914 crash during a Pike's Peak Hill climb. Post 17 in the thread shows a video of the crash.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=213555

ConeDodger
Oh no! That crash test dummy has 5 lug wheels. Itsasix! blink.gif sad.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 16 2016, 08:13 PM) *

See this thread. It shows a 914 crash during a Pike's Peak Hill climb. Post 17 in the thread shows a video of the crash.

Unbelievable! Did this driver survive? That passenger wheel is nearly in the passenger seat.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 16 2016, 11:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 16 2016, 08:13 PM) *

Unbelievable! Did this driver survive? That passenger wheel is nearly in the passenger seat.

Yes. He got out, unhurt and was kind of pissed at himself! Well, OK. Really pissed! mad.gif
JeffBowlsby
He'd be a bit more bent out of shape if he had been killed, maimed or paralyzed. He dodged a bullet as far as I can see.
Elliot Cannon
I'm a little curious why you would want to see pictures of wrecked 914's? I'm kinda regretting clicking on your post. screwy.gif biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Meng Foong's -6 took a hit several years ago on a drive in Singapore. The car was completely rebuilt and looks like new today.

IPB Image
bretth
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 16 2016, 09:09 PM) *

Here is one (avoidable) accident. Effectively a head-on and they lived.

Holy crap these guys jumped an open draw bridge to escape the police. How many people have jumped a draw bridge and lived? These photos make you want to install a roll cage.

Brett
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 16 2016, 10:59 PM) *

I'm a little curious why you would want to see pictures of wrecked 914's? I'm kinda regretting clicking on your post. screwy.gif biggrin.gif

As I said, to edumahcate, to learn, and to understand...
rick 918-S
Not only do they take a lickin

Click to view attachment

but they keep on tickin.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
This one is next

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
....kinda like looking at the James Dean car over and over again....
Sleepin
welder.gif
sixnotfour
sad.gif
sixnotfour
T-Boned: Grim Re-Enactment of Ice T's Near Fatal Crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQUTHcYuHKg

7TPorsh
roller:
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Saint Patrick's Day..special
914time
Ouch!
Jeffs9146
Here was my head-on in the early 80's!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.