Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel lines: feed or return?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
double-a
i installed new heater hose tonight, and while i was under the car i noticed a kinked fuel line. it's one of the plastic ones, kinked right at the firewall. it doesn't leak, but should i be worried? which of the two lines is the feeder line, and which is the return? the car is stock, no modifications to the fuel lines.

~a
SpecialK
The return is the smaller of the two (driver's side IIRC). If either is kinked, I'd just replace them both with some steel (5/16" return, 3/8" supply) brake lines and not take any chances on damaging a fuel system component because of back pressure, or overheating the fuel pump (not to mention a crack developing at the kink someday).

Pretty good article on replacing fuel lines can be read/viewed at:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...es_pic4_big.jpg

Kevin
double-a
thanks, that's good info. i checked out the engine bay this morning, and the fuel line that is kinked attaches to the line that comes from the driver's side. the other plastic line that is not kinked attaches to the passenger side fuel rail.

also, both lines are the same size as far as i can tell.

~a
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.