Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let There Be Light - Fog Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
I have adapted H-7 bulbs to my fog lights to increase the lumins by a factor of approximately 4.23%

Does anyone have a trick to assure that the little clip that holds the lens bezel or lens-ring on the stock fog lights will do its job?

I cannot seem to get a 100% positive catch on the ring after tightening the screw on the clip and I can fairly easily pop the ring off after tightening the clip just prior to stripping the threads in the bracket. Any thought save that of silicon adhesive?
euro911
I recently ran across a box of refurbished housings and new seals (one of 914rubber's group buy deals from a few years ago) and reassembled them. I should have taken some pix, but I didn't. I also need to chase the threads in the flat outer clip's screw hole ... to clear out the powder coating that got in there dry.gif

It's kind of hard to explain the process with mere words, but the short end of the wire clips go in first. I'm sure you'll figger it out
Geezer914
I used black electrical tape around the edge of the rim and housing. When the lights are installed, you can't see the tape. Piece of mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.