Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 takes first bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hmssaab
After a year my 914 has won us over. SAAB's take second seat (still love them after 35 years of driving vintage SAABs). The support is unbelievable and what 914Rubber provides is incredible. Almost everything from 914Rubber but the bumper tops is on the car. The side seat bolsters were done the expensive way .... I bought two used tan seat backs to have my local upholster sew new ones which I installed. If only I had black seats which would have saved $$$$$ with the kits out there. New 914Rubber console on the way. The gas tank is out to rebuild the fresh air box and it allowed me to clean everything. That's a 914Rubber dash, with a new pad that will go in with a new windshield. And yes, I have had very positive experience with Automobile of Atlanta with many purchases. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Shredhead
Fellow Nutmegger here (Wilton) and 914 newbie. Would you mind taking some shots of the work you're doing on the tank/fresh air box? That's next up on my list.

Kevin
76-914
QUOTE(hmssaab @ Mar 18 2016, 11:31 AM) *
And yes, I have had very positive experience with Automobile of Atlanta with many purchases. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

If I send you a dollar will you buy me a lotto ticket, please. lol-2.gif
Amphicar770
I have to say that I too have bought a bunch of stuff from Auto Atlanta and never had a problem. I know a lot of people *really* dislike them and while I am sure they have valid reason, I have never been clear on why?

Not to say that it has always been a flawless experience. Some stupid things like holding up on shipping an entire order because a decal is back-ordered. Still, nothing worse than I have experienced with other vendors (the other big place I have ordered from has done even more annoying things like not honoring the price on the web site and instead calling me with a higher price). Often, not always, the AA price is better and since I am on east coast the shipping is usually much quicker. I've spoke to who I think is George on the phone and he has always been courteous and helpful.

Maybe I am lucky, at this point I have used many of the parts providers and experience with all has been generally positive. The price of Porsche parts ... now that is another story!

Larmo63
I'm so happy you are enjoying this car. I knew it was a diamond in the rough!!!
banananose914
I thought that car looked familiar. Different steering wheel and no more air conditioner
DBCooper
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Mar 19 2016, 05:36 PM) *

I have to say that I too have bought a bunch of stuff from Auto Atlanta and never had a problem. I know a lot of people *really* dislike them and while I am sure they have valid reason, I have never been clear on why?

You've never had a problem? Super. But every vendor is great when things go well, aren't they? The difference is how they behave when that inevitable problem finally comes up. If they take care of you they're good, if they don't... well... "a lot of people *really* dislike them" should be a clue about how that plays out.

914-300Hemi
Nice Saab Sonett.
914bub
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 19 2016, 08:17 PM) *

You've never had a problem? Super. But every vendor is great when things go well, aren't they? The difference is how they behave when that inevitable problem finally comes up. If they take care of you they're good, if they don't... well... "a lot of people *really* dislike them" should be a clue about how that plays out.

I agree. I used to work for the Volvo equivolent of AA. Look at the useless used parts he sells on ebay. I have never met George so I have no clue as to his personal demeanor but I worked for "Vern". Things were shady at times.
Amphicar770
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 19 2016, 11:17 PM) *

Yes. admittedly have not had to resolve any issues and that can make or break a vendor. A while back the Amphicar parts place had a bunch of shoddy repro stuff made up and the owner did not stand behind his (expensive) products. Understandably, it really soured a lot of people.

So far, I have indeed been lucky in terms of Porsche stuff.
hmssaab
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Mar 19 2016, 10:45 PM) *

I thought that car looked familiar. Different steering wheel and no more air conditioner

I installed a foam core steering wheel after having stitched on a new leather cover. A/C is out but unit is stored (I can't bring myself to cut the engine tin). After re-installing standard points and condenser the car is unbelievable. Not one rattle or squeak with all new weather strip seals. All overspray has been polished off prior to installing seals.
Andyrew
Would you mind posting details on the white car on the rack? Looks interesting smile.gif
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 20 2016, 07:22 PM) *

Would you mind posting details on the white car on the rack? Looks interesting smile.gif

That's a Saab sonett

What a cool car! w00t.gif

Always wanted to take a ride in one. Only seen 1 in person.

Thomas
sixnotfour
No Saab Stories on 914World.... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.