Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: I need some Tranny/clutch help 2006 Jetta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
SOT (the S stands for substantially)

All of a sudden, I'm having trouble shifting in and out of gear on my 2006 Jetta. The problem started yesterday. It literally went from shifting perfectly to hard at a stop light. No noise, bang, smoke or any outward sign of a problem.

Some shifts are easier, mostly downshifts. On others, I really need to work the clutch pedal to find the gate.

Thanks in advance for all y'all's help!

Konrad
Justinp71
We had one, first check the shift linkage in the engine bay, could have a problem there or something stuck in the linkage since it is exposed there. Could also have a problem with the slave cylinder like I had on my GTI, that was similar to what you described because it was only partially releasing the clutch. Goodluck!
krazykonrad
Thanks! I appreciate it. I'll have some time tomorrow to check it out.
Chris914n6
Sounds like the clutch isn't releasing, so you're basically grinding gears. If I don't get swamped tomorrow I'll dig into my 06 GTI and the Bentley manual.
porschetub
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 19 2016, 09:43 AM) *
. Could also have a problem with the slave cylinder like I had on my GTI, that was similar to what you described because it was only partially releasing the clutch. Goodluck!

agree.gif ,spot on ,my Corrado did the same but to a lesser degree ,put a one man bleeder on it ,couple of pumps and a small amount of air came out.....sorted.
You can easily check by having someone pump the pedal,if the clutch arm moves more each time you know there is air present,this could be also caused by a worn piston cup.

Autohaus sell replacement ones from memory if you want to replace the whole thing.

The shift cables on these gearboxes stretch over time ,pays to adjust them up ,first sign is the shift lever going too far rearwards.

Good luck.

steuspeed
Ask around at vwvortex

http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.ph...Specific-Forums
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.