Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Canadian: Toronto - Southern Ontario looking for a 914 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
SuperFab
Hello fellow forum members. New guy here. I'm looking for my next restoration project and have taken a bit of a liking to a 914. It'll be stripped down to zero and brought back to life. The car that would suit me would have to be complete...not necessarily road worthy. I'm not scared of dealing with rust just as long as it isn't 50% missing! I do all of my own work and find it satisfying and therapeutic. I don't really want to cross the border and take the hit on the exchange these days. After having looked at the various model years, I think a pre-big bumper 2.0 would be a reasonable start. I am considering a conversion to a 6 so I'm not particularly fixated on a 2.0. As far as price, I would be happy at less than $4000 CDN...the less the better as costs slowly add up as you bring a car back to life. If you look through my links you'll see how I prefer to do things. Anything out there?
914runnow
QUOTE(SuperFab @ Mar 18 2016, 04:10 PM) *

Hello fellow forum members. New guy here. I'm looking for my next restoration project and have taken a bit of a liking to a 914. It'll be stripped down to zero and brought back to life. The car that would suit me would have to be complete...not necessarily road worthy. I'm not scared of dealing with rust just as long as it isn't 50% missing! I do all of my own work and find it satisfying and therapeutic. I don't really want to cross the border and take the hit on the exchange these days. Anything out there?

You might want to throw out a price range Canadian you are willing to spend,,,,
then also US dollar...offers will come your way..and if you have year or engine size..throw that in too..
ThunderbirdDrive
QUOTE(914runnow @ Mar 19 2016, 12:07 AM) *

QUOTE(SuperFab @ Mar 18 2016, 04:10 PM) *

Hello fellow forum members. New guy here. I'm looking for my next restoration project and have taken a bit of a liking to a 914. It'll be stripped down to zero and brought back to life. The car that would suit me would have to be complete...not necessarily road worthy. I'm not scared of dealing with rust just as long as it isn't 50% missing! I do all of my own work and find it satisfying and therapeutic. I don't really want to cross the border and take the hit on the exchange these days. Anything out there?

then also US dollar...offers will come your way..and if you have year or engine size..throw that in too..

Hey there
I'm also in southern Ontario and looking for a 914. I'm looking more of a "finished" project myself. Awaiting on a car to come out of storage in another week or so that I can take a look at and compare against another option.

In my search for a finished car I've been contacted by a few project cars.

Have you checked mikes914? I believe he has a project for sale.
http://www.mikes914s.com/index.php?mode=ca...ar&carID=49

I've also found a project out in Barrie, decent for rust, but it has a slant nose body kit. The kijiji listing has just disappeared though.
I have also been contacted by somebody with a rear ended wide body on it but haven't received much on for back yet.

I'll keep you updated if I come across anything else.

SuperFab
[/quote]
[/quote]

Edited my original post.
spsader
[quote name='SuperFab' date='Mar 19 2016, 09:20 AM' post='2317783']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Edited my original post.
[/quote]
hello SuperFab
I have a 914 project that had been started, but has been shelved this fall. It is a 1973 originally 2.0l. The engine was a complete write off, and the transmission had a cracked housing and one tail cone missing. The car has been stripped and media blasted. I had the opportunity to purchase a single owner 73 that only needed minor rust repair, so went that route...it is in the process of being reinforced and transformed into a 914-6 GT clone. Flared and mated to an 1989 3.2 engine. PM me if you are interested, I can email the pictures I have. I am in Montreal.
Paul
porsha916
I have a few 914 project cars, I would like to thin the herd, especially if you are going to restore it smile.gif . I am in candor ny, let me know if you have any interest!
Take care
Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.