Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gt flare placement.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I was placing the gt flares on my car the driver side fits perfect rockers vs flares for great.. Passenger side seems like the rocker is too long based off the fender opening in the front. Anyone have any insight?
SirAndy
One should always place the flares so the wheel is in the center of the arch.

The rockers should follow the flare, not the other way round ...
shades.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 18 2016, 11:16 PM) *

One should always place the flares so the wheel is in the center of the arch.

The rockers should follow the flare, not the other way round ...
shades.gif

agree.gif you fit the flares correctly on the car and then fit the rockers to the flares. The rockers are just trim.
mb911
What I am saying is that the rocker is too long on the pasenger side by about an inch though we are talking a fiberglass rocker..
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 19 2016, 07:47 AM) *

What I am saying is that the rocker is too long on the pasenger side by about an inch though we are talking a fiberglass rocker..

Yes. Very common. You will need to cut to fit and then reinforce with a backing plate and glue/glass back together.
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 19 2016, 05:29 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 19 2016, 07:47 AM) *

Yes. Very common. You will need to cut to fit and then reinforce with a backing plate and glue/glass back together.

Ok maybe I will just make steel ones that are correct out of my spares.. Thanks
elmonte
Not that this helps you now , I thought i would post this that i saved many years ago. Don't know if it's out there but my help someone in the future.

Cheers

Click to view attachment

johnhora
interesting.... as I have had a few fg GT rockers in the past that were too short
mb911
QUOTE(johnhora @ Mar 19 2016, 12:39 PM) *

interesting.... as I have had a few fg GT rockers in the past that were too short

That's strange.. I seem to remember years ago when I did fiberglass flares on a car the same issue with 1 being to long..
mepstein
I think these glass rockers are copies of copies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.