Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweet Italian Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
I saw these on Evilbay.co.uk

Campagnolo wheels

apparently Lancia Fulvias use the same bolt pattern.

I really like them.
skline
The bolt pattern may be the same but what about the offset? Would these work on our cars? Could be cool. I like unique. Too bad they are only 14". Not much of a tire selection.
Mueller
QUOTE (brer @ Mar 25 2005, 09:59 AM)
I saw these on Evilbay.co.uk

Campagnolo wheels

apparently Lancia Fulvias use the same bolt pattern.

I really like them.

some early Maseratis use the same pattern as well
brer
I suppose 15" would be better. I was blinded by the Italian styling.

Mueller
I was blinded by the Italian styling

you can get italian designed (or at least manufactured)
Pedrinis for your 914, 15x5.5 and they look pretty darn close to those rims.....about $200 to $300 for a set of 4....mahles look similar....there are some decent books out there for good info/referance for the 914 smile.gif
brer
i like the pedrinis and the mahles but not sure if they are my style. They need something i think. Maybe, if they were given that goldish anodizing they put on Ferrari wheels.
bondo
How's this for unique? 914 wheels

I found them while looking for that page that had every wheel that will fit a 914.. I was going to see if it had that italian wheel on it.
Mueller
QUOTE (bondo @ Mar 25 2005, 10:53 AM)
How's this for unique? 914 wheels

I found them while looking for that page that had every wheel that will fit a 914.. I was going to see if it had that italian wheel on it.

icon8.gif ....I'd rather run steel rims than those smile.gif
brer
steel wheels rule.

Now if i could rivet aluminum barrels to them like the 356 carrera wheels i would be happy. I looked into it for my sprints and found a guy in LA who would modify the steel centers and cold rivet them to some custom aluminum barrels just like the 356 ones.

He restored a set of early carrera wheels for another guy awhile back and was confident he could build another set with any steel center i wanted. The money was the only issue, for the barrels then the fabrication it was going to be more than 1500.

Anyone who needs an expert wheel builder in SoCal should look him up at Turner Wheels (i have the number if you need). He does racing wheels too.

So with steels, what hubcaps were original?
I've got the flat cap with a raised center area for a crest, but with no crest.

badge on them? or no.

domed or flat?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.