Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Gremlins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
D-Jet
Hi everybody. I'm new to the 914 world, having just bought my first, a '75, last weekend. It runs great, but there is a weird electrical issue that I can't figure out. Sometimes when I turn off the car and remove the key, the parking lights turn on. It doesn’t' seem to have anything to do with the light switch. Also, just as sporadically, the left headlight goes up and down and doesn’t stop till I pull the fuse. It seems as if my car is haunted. blink.gif Any ideas? Thanks!

--G
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (D-Jet @ Mar 25 2005, 12:53 PM)
when I turn off the car and remove the key, the parking lights turn on.

Also, just as sporadically, the left headlight goes up and down and doesn’t stop till I pull the fuse.

problem one: both sides, or just one side?

if it's one side - they work that way - European overnight parking light.

return your directional indicator stalk to the center position and they will turn off.

problem two sounds like a sticky relay - that little round thing on the side by each headlight motor. swap them from side to side (they're identical and there are a few others used throughout the car) and see if it follows the relay. if so - they're cheap and widely available...

good luck, and welcome to the site !
D-Jet
Wow! That was exactly the problem. This site ROCKS! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Wasn't that easy? don't get too used to it. They ain't all like that.

Welcome to the club, and let me be the first to say,

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
D-Jet
Pics you say? Ok, I'll go take some.

--G
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.