So I got my ignition switch back from Dan "tweet" and was able to do a little work on the car this weekend. Switch looks and works great. As with this car it also was frankensteined together. Newer model parts and some hacks on the internals. Dan got it back to a more original '71 style.

With this back I was able to start the car and took a little redneck tour of the neighborhood. The hood and engine cover are off the car so I'm sure I looked cool cruising the hood.

So this was the first time I've ever driven the car. Smallest car I've ever driven...or biggest go kart. biggrin.gif It looks like its going to be fun. Now I have some more items to put on the list of things to do.

1. Still need to debug fuel pump as I have it jumpered to run. I compiled some prints and troubleshooting tips that I just need to sit down and start working through.

2. Brakes. Well needless to say sitting for years they aren't all working well. So off to read up the manual to see what I'm about to dig into.

3. Car pops, backfires between shifts. Not sure on this one yet.

4. Shifter. Need to see what kinds of adjustment there may be. Reverse and 1st are really quite a trick to get into. Needless to say I was in 2nd more times trying to back up. I was only able to run through 3rd since I was not going far....in case I had to walk home.

But now on my way to knocking out some of the issues. It's getting nicer here so I'm wanting to get it driveable.