Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914 - Great Exceptional Driver 2.1L - SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Yahmann
Great opportunity to own an exceptional driver quality 1970 Porsche 914. Asking $16975 and open to offers - I think it is fairly priced.

I bought this car as I like to putter. The paint was done and I did the rest. Not a showcar paint job, but veery nice and makes it so you want to drive the car. Done in Porsche Titanium Silver. Body work is good and there is zero rust - anywhere.

The engine is a 2056 (2L with 96mm pistons) - Scat Cam - ported heads - engine was done for over $4000 at German Motor Car Restorations. Twin Weber - NO FI!. Makes about 150hp. Trans was rebuilt at the same time.

Here are the highlights:

Fresh Engine - 2056cc - less than 1200 miles
Fresh rear shift Trans
Stainless Heat Exchangers
New Burch Muffler (sound great)
Rennshift Shifter
New Shift linkage rod & bearings
All 4 corner rebuilt with fresh bushings and bearings
Brakes rebuilt
Silver Paint (6 out of 10)
No rust - not in hell hole or anywhere
Chrome is OK - mostly original - presentable - but not concours
New rear valance
Front Spoiler
Windshield is good
Brand New interior
New carpet
Leather seats
Leather door cards
New Dash top (914 Rubber)
New Radio with Ipod, USB and SD Slot
Momo Suede steering wheel - new
Combo gauge with Engine Temp
Late 150 MPH Speedo
4 new tires
Rims are great - no scratches or marks
New shocks - new rear springs.

Asking $16975 - I can send lots of picture.

Might be interesed in partial trade.
iwanta914-6
Beautiful!
Yahmann
Thanks - I appreciate it.
matthepcat
Very clean car. Are the pictures with the red license plates when you first purchased it? Where did it come from?
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Mar 21 2016, 03:39 PM) *

Very clean car. Are the pictures with the red license plates when you first purchased it? Where did it come from?

I think the color change on the plates happened with altering the color of the photo. Kind of a sepia/b&w filter of sorts...
Yahmann
CA car, you are correct - the Sepia filter made them red. The blue and yellow CA plates are original to the car.
914 iv
That is a very clean engine and xmsn.
Yahmann
THX
mark 74 carrera
Beautiful car. GLWS.
EdwardBlume
What month was it made?
Yahmann
Not a clue, but here is the VIN 4702912270. I know there is an easy way to interpret the VIN, but I don't know it.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Yahmann @ Mar 22 2016, 11:56 AM) *

Not a clue, but here is the VIN 4702912270. I know there is an easy way to interpret the VIN, but I don't know it.

There is an easy way to interpret it. Look in your driver's door jamb. The build month is on there. There'll be a xx/xx month/year number on there.
Yahmann
Thanks .... I'll check out out.
87m491
Thanks for the picture deck, great looking buggy with great maint and upgrades.

QUOTE(Yahmann @ Mar 22 2016, 08:10 PM) *

Thanks .... I'll check out out.

EdwardBlume
It's a later build than my target but not by much. Good luck on the sale for a really nice looking car!
Yahmann
Got a deposit - looks like it is sold but you never know until all the $$$ in CIF (cash in fist).
DTMLGND
QUOTE(Yahmann @ Mar 24 2016, 01:43 PM) *

Got a deposit - looks like it is sold but you never know until all the $$$ in CIF (cash in fist).

Well bought. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.