Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any bottom seat cushion mods?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
man, when i hit about 1 to 1.5 hrs driving, my skinny butt, starts to hurt. what's is a good foam or gel to place under our stock seat cushion to make things much nicer on longish rides?
914Sixer
Get you a piece of cardboard and design the bottom of the seat board the way you want it. When I do my seats I am going to lengthen the pad so it goes past the seat edge and supports my thighs. You can get the foam you want to use in various density. The density is the key to how tired you butt is going to get.
r_towle
new memory foam from joannes fabric or others...

You can cut it with a large serrated bread knife.

Its simple enough to un stable the existing cover and remove the foam so you have a template for the new piece.

anything new versus the 40 year old foam is better.

PanelBilly
Memory foam glued on top of a firmer foam makes for a great seat.
mepstein
YouTube video shows people using an electric carving knife to cut the foam.
Coondog
Go to Amazon and check out the Therm a Rest seat cushion. Great product for 20 bucks.
r_towle
You know Jim, a few extra helpings of some good home cooking, and maybe more frequent stops at the ice cream parlor may be all you really need.
euro911
Check your big-box hardware stores (Home Depot & Lowe's) to see what they have to offer ... like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Future-Foam-3-i...LeA0aAgaC8P8HAQ
jimkelly
maybe some memory foam on top of a thermarest?
cpavlenko
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 21 2016, 09:38 PM) *

You know Jim, a few extra helpings of some good home cooking, and maybe more frequent stops at the ice cream parlor may be all you really need.

mmmmmmmmm, yum yum, lol... lol-2.gif
worn
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 21 2016, 08:38 PM) *

I'm gonna have the same butt-less problem on Rt 66. Just looking at the 24 hr estimated one way time. My dad was skin and bones at 90 but his favorite chair was a masonite topped stool. The VA got him a gel ring. I may look around for something.
jimkelly
my wife always asks me... "where is your butt?"

i know guys... "what the hell kind of question that that mad.gif "

i was hoping to find a pad, of close to correct size, of material similar to a bicycle seat gel cover. these covers are amazing and should provide some added comfort for us with butt impairment issues popcorn[1].gif
euro911
Well, Jim ... you could always call kim kardASSian to see where she got her butt 'fixed' confused24.gif
whitetwinturbo
...........never ask your lady about the size of her butt ... or else!
r_towle
Walmart has gel seat pads for aging baby boomers with no ass.
pdlightning
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 22 2016, 12:53 PM) *

Walmart has gel seat pads for aging baby boomers with no ass.

I bought a couple of the WalMart gel pads and they are great for hard seats, but I don't think you can cut them to fit our seats. I guess I would have to open them up to see. They were 20 bucks each also.
pdlightning
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Mar 22 2016, 04:35 AM) *

maybe some memory foam on top of a thermarest?

Can you cut these to fit?
76-914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 21 2016, 06:17 PM) *

Memory foam glued on top of a firmer foam makes for a great seat.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.