Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping concerns for New Windshield Trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Stoddard shows a complete new shinny silvery good looking windshield trim for $209 + shipping.

I'm sure shipping will be big, due to the delicate nature of the trim.

Has anyone here bought a trim and received it intact....no bends? About shopping cost and by whom?
Thanks Bill
mepstein
I bought window trim from 914 rubber and it arrived perfect.
bandjoey
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 21 2016, 04:17 PM) *

I bought window trim from 914 rubber and it arrived perfect.

lol-2.gif av-943.gif x lol-2.gif cheer.gif

And it shipped in a flat rate box. beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
My oem one was bent in half to make it smaller. Pain to bend it straight, but I did it
Mikey914
We actually have a custom box made to ship these.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 21 2016, 05:07 PM) *

Stoddard shows a complete new shinny silvery good looking windshield trim for $209 + shipping.

I'm sure shipping will be big, due to the delicate nature of the trim.

Has anyone here bought a trim and received it intact....no bends? About shopping cost and by whom?
Thanks Bill

Thirty years ago (!)
I ordered a complete set from Stoddard.
They arrived in a nice large box as expected. With new sail trim.
And four large wrenches (27,30,32,36mm)that I ordered.
And no peanuts, paper, foam or anything.
You can imagine the result.
I immediately called to arrange return and refund.
I was told to "call the shipping company, it was damaged in transit"
I wrote a letter directly to Chuck Stoddard.
Problem solved.
The good old days.
Shipping,tracking, returns, packaging and customer relations are so improved and predictable today.
You have nothing to fear.
bandjoey
Miley I'd like to get yours but my windshield is in tight and I don't want to remove it. sad.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 22 2016, 05:26 PM) *

Miley I'd like to get yours but my windshield is in tight and I don't want to remove it. sad.gif

You'll have the same problem with Stoddard's. confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 22 2016, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 22 2016, 05:26 PM) *

You'll have the same problem with Stoddard's. confused24.gif

agree.gif If your clips are broken you need to pull the windshield to install new clips for the trim.
boxstr
Years ago I purchased several factory windshield trim pieces, it was shipped taped down to a sheet of wood and in a large box. No bends, in perfect condition.
Craig at CAMP
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 22 2016, 02:58 AM) *

We actually have a custom box made to ship these.

I left mine in your box. It's Fort Knox until I'm ready to use it.
bandjoey
Well Stoddars finally replied. 2 weeks on shipping but no snipping cost. Still waiting on that. Price seems right. About $200 plus shipping.
jcd914
About the same $$ as 914rubber and Mark will probably ship faster.

Jim
bandjoey
But

Mikey's requires pulling the windshield. I'm not. My clips are 100% and the butyl is only 2 years old.

If you tell me I can install Mikey's with the windshield in. I'm in. He said No. To be installed with the windshield out.

Now back to normal programming.

jcd914
Well considering the 914Rubber windshield Chrome trim is listed as OEM parts, then they are the same as Stoddards are selling.

It is the clips that have to be installed before the windshield is glued in, the trim is installed after the windshield.

If Mark said the trim can't go in with the windshield in place I would ask him for some clarification. confused24.gif

The only possible issue I could see is if some of the butyl is a bit out of place and interferes with the trim, which would mean you might have to trim the butyl a little.

Jim
mepstein
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 24 2016, 01:09 AM) *

Well considering the 914Rubber windshield Chrome trim is listed as OEM parts, then they are the same as Stoddards are selling.

It is the clips that have to be installed before the windshield is glued in, the trim is installed after the windshield.

If Mark said the trim can't go in with the windshield in place I would ask him for some clarification. confused24.gif

The only possible issue I could see is if some of the butyl is a bit out of place and interferes with the trim, which would mean you might have to trim the butyl a little.

Jim

agree.gif same trim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.