Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 Porsche 914-Ls1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
rspeed2585
For sale 1974 Porsche 914-Ls1 "Sleeper"

This is a very solid car... a must see in person to truly appreciate. I have posted a bunch of pictures on Flickr (my account is rspeed2585) The car is in San Diego Ca, I bought from a guy in Georgia.... who bought from a guy in California.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert (because I'm not!) But I will do my best to answer any questions.

I'm not sure on a price... I have $26,000 in to it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Bad

* A little rust on the lower window frame passage side (I will post picture soon)
* the horn currently doesn't work. It's needs a new rely... I'm working on getting it
fixed.
* doesn't have a heater

Thank you

Rick

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=546
902]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=546906]
ndfrigi
wow this car is for sale again? i met the previous owner at his house here in socal and he was the one who converted it to that engine. nicely done and clean car. i didn't know it was sold to a 3rd person after Doug.

this is a very strong and nice conversion.

Hope it goes back here in socal.
JeffBowlsby
Swap one of the headlight relays for the horn relay to be sure that is the issue.
matthepcat
What size LS motor is in it?

How does she shift?
rspeed2585
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Mar 21 2016, 08:32 PM) *

How does she shift?

Thank you Jeff! That's a great idea.... I'll give that a try.

The motor is out of a 2001 Corvette. a 5.7 liter Ls1 - 350hp

The car shifts great. The first thing I did after I bought it was to take it to Sean Molley in San Diego. Sean dialed the car in! He installed new motor mounts, clutch and dialed in the shifter.

Thank you for your interest
rspeed2585
QUOTE(rspeed2585 @ Mar 22 2016, 07:20 AM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Mar 21 2016, 08:32 PM) *

How does she shift?

Thank you Jeff! That's a great idea.... I'll give that a try.

The motor is out of a 2001 Corvette. a 5.7 liter Ls1 - 350hp

The car shifts great. The first thing I did after I bought it was to take it to Sean Molley in San Diego. Sean dialed the car in! He installed new motor mounts, clutch and dialed in the shifter.

Thank you for your interest

Here's the Flickr link...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/20468091@N04/
sean_v8_914
i have been thru this car bow to stern. everything that makes a 40 year old car drive fresh and tight has been done. suspension bushings, turbo tie rods, 911 front end, fresh koni sports, springs. this is one of the cleanest 914 chassis i have seen in a long time. power delivery is smooth and easy to drive (untill you stomp on it)

in a day or 2 i will post a build sheet with my detailed observations about the car and some close ups for Mr DeMille
sean_v8_914
new kevlar clutch also kennedy stage 3
sean_v8_914
...im in love with this car
Chris H.
Doug Kott converted that car. He wrote for Road & Track for quite a while. Was the Executive Editor before they moved the offices to Detroit. There is a build thread here for it. His screen name is mittelmotor.
AntiHero
Clean. Like seeing those RA1s in back. Can't imagine how hard it must be for this thing to hook up when on the throttle!

That's not the stock transmission, is it?
rspeed2585
QUOTE(AntiHero @ Mar 23 2016, 07:56 PM) *

Clean. Like seeing those RA1s in back. Can't imagine how hard it must be for this thing to hook up when on the throttle!

That's not the stock transmission, is it?

Not much is stock on this car.... I was told it has a 901 transmission built by Dr evil. You have drive this car! Nothing hard about it.... Extremely well engineered!
matthepcat
It would be cool if mittelmotor still had a build sheet for this car, although from what I see pretty straight forward.

From reading previous threads he removed the RH clutch for a less aggressive smooth engaging clutch. I wonder who did the wiring harness and tuning if any. Curious how many miles on the engine, and miles on the conversion. One other interesting detail was that the throttle cable was set up to only open 80% at one point to save trans abuse....interesting.
ndfrigi
Texted Doug the other day and he saw this thread that his previous car is in the market again. The reason he sold this beatiful car after he spent time and money building it, because his buying an airplane that time (a real airplane because he is use to be a hobby of remote controlled airplanes and still hanging inside his garage.) and he said that his first time flying with his airplane was last feb. 2016.

if i had the money when he told me he was selling this car, i could have bought it. A real clean body and nicely done on the conversion.

Click to view attachment
Cuda911
Have you decided on a price yet?
rspeed2585
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 24 2016, 01:43 AM) *

Sean Molley does all the work on the car. We replaced the clutch because it was slipping if you stepped on it at higher speeds. I have now idea how many miles are on the Ls1 but I would think that info should be on the computer. I'll try to found out for you.

The reason I'm selling the car... My dream car for over 35 years has been a 914-6 GT in signal orange. I dropped the ball a year or so ago.... Chris Foley had the perfect car for sale (a conversion car). Long story but I missed out. This is an awesome car but it's not my dream car.

I feel like my chance to own a clean 914-6 GT (conversion) has past me by $$$ wise. So I'm hoping to put a little extra cash in the bank...

Price: I would like to get $26,000.... But make an offer.

Thank you for your interest!

rspeed2585
QUOTE(rspeed2585 @ Mar 24 2016, 07:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 24 2016, 01:43 AM) *

Sean Molley does all the work on the car. We replaced the clutch because it was slipping if you stepped on it at higher speeds. I have now idea how many miles are on the Ls1 but I would think that info should be on the computer. I'll try to found out for you.

The reason I'm selling the car... My dream car for over 35 years has been a 914-6 GT in signal orange. I dropped the ball a year or so ago.... Chris Foley had the perfect car for sale (a conversion car). Long story but I missed out. This is an awesome car but it's not my dream car.

I feel like my chance to own a clean 914-6 GT (conversion) has past me by $$$ wise. So I'm hoping to put a little extra cash in the bank...

Price: I would like to get $26,000.... But make an offer.

Sold!

Thank you for your interest!

Cuda911
Looking forward to seeing the build sheet. What transmission does it have?

EDIT: Ah, missed the "sold!" Great! looks like a very interesting conversion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.