Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 2.0, my car is going on BaT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
GK914
Just a heads up, my car will be going on BaT on Wed. Check it out. Raby 2316, flared, nice solid car. Needs some interior work and a few little details, but solid rust free (not repaired) car that needs a new home. I am moving to a 911. I owned the car for 23 years and all receipts and history is documented with the car. Please bid if interested. Thanks!

Click to view attachment
carguy987
QUOTE(GK914 @ Mar 21 2016, 11:34 PM) *

Just a heads up, my car will be going on BaT on Wed. Check it out. Raby 2316, flared, nice solid car. Needs some interior work and a few little details, but solid rust free (not repaired) car that needs a new home. I am moving to a 911. I owned the car for 23 years and all receipts and history is documented with the car. Please bid if interested. Thanks!

Click to view attachment

Whats Bat? Did you have this car on eBay lately?
era vulgaris
Bring A Trailer. They have auctions that, IMO, are better than ebay because site members can comment on the car and ask questions.
I'll be curious to watch how this car does. It's not that dissimilar to mine.
carr914
I had a few 914-6s on BaT back in the day before the Auctions started! Comments are retarded and can kill or boost a car! Wasn't a Fan of BaT gong to the Auction format - the Auction Idea seems to me to be ready for a Bubble Burst.

GLWTS
PancakePorsche
I dread reading the countless lame and worthless comments douchebags leave on BaT. I suppose once or twice someone may have asked question. All the keyboard cowboys are waiting.
BTW, beautiful car and GLWS
era vulgaris
I've read through alot of the comments on BAT cars. There's always a few keyboard turds, but all in all it seems to help a good car and hurt the lemons. Lots of questions on the ones I've read through.
GK914
Thanks, I was up in the air about Ebay. I have never been a fan. A guy I know suggested BaT, so I figured I will give it a shot. It has been on PCA and Rennlist for a while, but no buyers. I am hoping to get it in front of a lot more people. Kills me to sell it, but it is time to move on. I'll always have a soft spot for these cars. 31 years with one, it will be strange.
Gmanscott55
Great looking car and shows pride of ownership. Hopefully you do not get a case of seller's remorse. With air cooled 911's priced way to high, folks are looking more to 914's IMO. So good luck with selling.
BeatNavy
That is a sweet looking car. I wish I had room in my garage. I also wish I didn't have the sado-masochistic need to build stuff myself and could instead just plop down the money for something and enjoy it. The fact that you've owned it for so long and "nursed it" for 23 years is also big. I hate seeing these things flipped or purchased by someone who just plays with them for a few months before trying to sell for more money. Good luck!
Kraftwerk
Certainly looks "BAT worthy" I will say something nice about it over there...
GK914
Thanks Guys, and I probably will, but it really needs to have a new home. Thanks Gary, hope you are enjoying your new car. I still want a 997!! I am okay with water cooled stuff. Got my wife a Cayenne GTS after saying it was sacrilegious, but it is a pretty awesome vehicle. Worthy of the emblem.
914work
So why didnt you offer it here before deciding to put it up for auction on BAT & use World for free advertising?
GK914
It was kicked around here about 2 years ago, Jake was looking at picking it up from me and selling it, so he put some feelers out. It was well received, but at the time no one seemed to be interested in spending the money. It ended up getting "Posted" to BaT, and there were some comments posted about the motor and Jake tried to talk about it, but the people commenting were not very well informed. It has changed a bit since then, added LED exterior lights and interior gauge lights from the guys on this site. I highly recommend them if anyone is on the fence. They make a huge difference. I also changed the roll bar and put in the stock seats again. A few other changes that I though would make it more appealing to the average purchaser. We will see. If it doesn't sell there, I may put it on eBay or post it officially here. I can tell you that the reserve for the car is much less than I asked previously, so if someone is at all interested in it, start bidding. If you get it for reserve, you get a steal of a deal. I just need to move on and I am not going to delay it any further for a few thousand dollars. Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
iwanta914-6
Is there a link to the BaT auction? I cannot find it on the site.
GK914
It just came up a few minutes ago.

Here is the link:http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-porsche-914-2-0/

Thanks
PotterPorsche
1976 in CA = smog, car looks good
BeatNavy
QUOTE(GK914 @ Mar 23 2016, 05:42 PM) *

Thanks

First bid was $914 smile.gif Who did that? Someone around here obviously.
jor
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 23 2016, 03:25 PM) *

QUOTE(GK914 @ Mar 23 2016, 05:42 PM) *

Thanks

First bid was $914 smile.gif Who did that? Someone around here obviously.

It's a BaT tradition, but I'd guess someone here got to the auction first!
Cairo94507
Great looking car with the benefit of a Raby motor. I read through the comments. Some of those posters just have no clue at all. Nice listing and pictures. GLWTS.
GK914
Thanks for the kind words. Yep, I know, but I just need a few who do and they will know what they are looking at. I have gotten some good response, and I hope someone will step up and meet the reserve. They are going to get a great deal on a very well sorted and clean 914. Breaks my heart in a way, but it is time for me to move on for now. Maybe another in my retirement future. We will see. Cheers!
GK914
Bump to the top. Car has 3 more days on the auction. The reserve is 20% lower than I was asking for it, so I think it is very fair. I need to sell this car, so someone who knows what it really is, please buy it. The exhaust system alone is $2500 today. Motor can't be touched for under $15K. Real Fuch 16's are $2000 with brand new tires, and it is a rust free car. Come on, please someone pick it up. I have a 2003 C4S with my name on it. Easily $30K to build this car today. I would love for a 914 World person to pick it up. Thanks!
LowBridge
I watch BaT auctions all the time and the bidding really does not happen until the end. I'm sure your teener is going to go way up in price within the last 24hrs. That is one great looking 914 and it has a Raby engine.
GK914
Thanks for the good feedback. I have never really watched the auctions, so that is good info. Glad you like the car. I will miss it for sure.
jor
I have my fingers crossed for you!
GK914
Thanks. I have a few interested parties. We will see what happens as the auction nears its end.
GK914
Unfortunately the bidding did not take off as I had hoped towards the end. The buyer got a great deal, and would have paid more but there was no one there to push the price higher. Someone got this car for $16500. Tell me that is not a steal. Well over twice that to build it. I do have first option to buy it back if/when he decides to sell it. Not a 914 World guy, but a very nice Porsche fanatic who is going to make it even better and enjoy showing and doing some light track events with it. Best news is it will be in the SE not too far from me so I can see it every once in a while. Overall BaT was a good experience if anyone else is considering using it to auction a car. I would say much better than the bay...Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.