Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Windows Outlook
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
When I'm sending out emails with attachments from Outlook Express, I get an error screen (no message) like it's not going to send and it ends up looping around and sending out numerous copies.

Any ideas as to why it's doing this and how can I stop it?

It all started this morning when I was trying to email some photo attachments.
Foxman
I would scan for a virus. I have never heard of Outlook doing anything like that without the help of one.
watsonrx13
Just finished running McAfee, no viruses found....

Any other suggestions???????????
Rusty
I've had that problem with Outlook 2000... usually, it's server/connection related when trying to send very large attachments.
Steve Thacker
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Mar 25 2005, 06:55 PM)
When I'm sending out emails with attachments from Outlook Express, I get an error screen (no message) like it's not going to send and it ends up looping around and sending out numerous copies.

It all started this morning when I was trying to email some photo attachments.

I'm a Sr. Lotus Notes Admin, but I'm very familiar with POP3/ MAPI Exchange server and Outlook clients . The issue you are having is not server related. The problem is a hosed up area in your registry. My suggestion is to go to download.com and look for "Regclean" or just google it. Run the program until you no longer get a "Fix errors". Don't worry you wont trash anything (it has a undo)

It may take four or five times. Once it is done just reboot, then retest. If it still does the same thing then move your mail and folders and uninstall it from the system. Then reinstall, move folders back. Sorry, I have seen this bug more than once and it usually due to a slightly buggered up registry.
jasons
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Mar 25 2005, 02:55 PM)

When I started using Mozilla for browsing and email, problems in my computer just vanished.

Steve Thacker
QUOTE (jasons @ Mar 25 2005, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Mar 25 2005, 02:55 PM)

When I started using Mozilla for browsing and email, problems in my computer just vanished.

I couldn't possibly agree more. clap.gif

Also have you thought that just maybe in your use of the IE browser that you haven't picked up a bug not detected by virus software using heuristics? Let me offer another solution please.

Step one:
Get the Regclean as mentioned above.

Step two:
Go out on the web and look for a free download of "Spybot search and destroy" . Download that and run it. That will get out all the garbage and the little registry hacks. "little buggers love to hose up Outlook and IE browser people"

Step three:
Search google for "SpywareBlaster" Download that and run it. That will offer protection for firefox, mozilla, and internet explorer.

Step four:
Go to the fridge and get a beer, ya go ahead... you deserve it...you are done. beer.gif

davep
Firefox and Thunderbird ROCK!
Lookout for Outlook, it will bite you.
watsonrx13
Thanks Steve for the suggestions/recommendations. I've followed all of your steps, but the problem still exists. I've now created a new identity and it is working correctly. I'm currently transferring all of the messages to this new identify.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.