Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Contraction of the Expansion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Does anyone have experience with alternatives to the expansion tank / or experience running the fume line from the gas cap area directly to the charcoal canister?? I have a spiffy gas cap but am suffering fume linked brain damage from the hard left turn cornering gas-slosh when the tank if full. I have put back to operational all air circulation lines but my stock exp. tank no longer fits under the hood.

Also, the tow tiny tubes on a stock exp. tank are set at two different levels relative to the tank's volume. That has to be by design or is it?

beerchug.gif
Steve
Your welcome to check out my setup at the next Cars & Coffee. I'm running all 911 stuff which matches my motor.
Mark Henry
Why can't you use the stock expansion tank? GT filler mod?

Pics please.
forrestkhaag
Thanks Steve: I would like to get this sorted prior to Falstaff in Flagstaff..

On the stock expansion tank question / Good question indeed....

Somehow, in the repositioning of the tank to address fine tuning of the relationship between the hood and edge of the GT cap, the tank is ever so slightly rotated forward which makes the hood hit the stock EXP Tank..

I am playing with that part right now but cant seem to get all of the planets to align..... Hence the questions about an alternate tank where my heater jungle used to be..... or no exp. tank....

Porsche engineers generally didn't fabricate and mount useless appurtenances / and the expansion tank

If I can remember after todays fumigations.., I will show up at C&C and pick Steve's less cloudy brain....
Steve
I would try to get the stock expansion tank to work. To support the PMS fuel cell, I used a 911 expansion tank. I installed that and the charcoal canister in the rear trunk.
forrestkhaag
I need to check that out this weekend if you are there / Now I have PMS and not in the fuel cell area!!! sheeplove.gif

I did get my newly fabricated pin plates to sit down on the curvature of the hood... something positive anyway... And now, for Hagerty documentation, I am going out for a pleasure drive up and down PCH before the departing bikini clad beach chicks bring traffic to a total standstill compounded by a few rear end collisions due to distracted visualizations...

beerchug.gif

And I realize the purists will say something like I am missing two more and the two I have are in the wrong place / I have the others - and I know the "correct" location but until I weld in my supporting triangles, they remain where the aren't right......

poke.gif
Steve
I'll be there this Saturday. We can exchange 914 horror stories
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.