Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans mount mock up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Rick sent me a diagram for his trans mount. I did not have all the items listed for his style but I did have 1.5 inch bar stock I could use. I need to relocate the mount bolt 1.5 inches aft and when I do this it puts the trans bolt overlapping the rear hanger bolt. What my thought is I can weld a plate betweew the two hangers and open up the aft mount hole to fit the rear trans bolt..
spare time toys
then when it is up and in place it would look something like this
spare time toys
put the plate in here and redrill the aft hole
i love porsche
are you going to fix some of that rust?? sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
spare time toys
Im doing thie mock up on the Banana not the German 8 Tor. When it is its turn to be worked on I plan to replace the trunk floor.
davep
It would appear that this will increase (almost double) the stress on the rear bracket. I would reinforce the rear brackets to compensate. Perhaps even make a spacer block to bolt on top of the one you have there to fit snugly between the two brackets, and a through bolt to tie them together. I assume that this is to fit a non-stock engine with increased power and perhaps more weight. Even more reason to ensure the bracket won't fail.
spare time toys
QUOTE (davep @ Mar 26 2005, 07:15 AM)
It would appear that this will increase (almost double) the stress on the rear bracket. I would reinforce the rear brackets to compensate. Perhaps even make a spacer block to bolt on top of the one you have there to fit snugly between the two brackets, and a through bolt to tie them together. I assume that this is to fit a non-stock engine with increased power and perhaps more weight. Even more reason to ensure the bracket won't fail.

I plan to brace them up some. As for going big on the engine its for the 928 powered car. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.