Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Mechanics In The Palm Springs Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
I need some work done on my car.. Any good places to take in the Palm Springs Area??
Thanks,914
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif I can't help but Craig from Camp 914 has a place near there. He may know of a shop that can work on 914's.
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 24 2016, 08:13 AM) *

icon_bump.gif I can't help but Craig from Camp 914 has a place near there. He may know of a shop that can work on 914's.

Rick great to hear from you..I need the clutch looked at it engages/disengages almost down to the floor..Hope all is well..
Alan
r_towle
I second Craig, he may know the area.
76-914
If you can't locate someone in PS bring it over and we'll put it on the rack. I'm in Wnichester. When was the cable last replaced. If it's been a while you might want to have one on hand. That's the easy repair. If it's the clutch tube you might want to head down to Sean in SD. He has a neat approach to repairing the tubes. Problem could be in the Bell Housing area but not as likely as the cable or clutch tube. beerchug.gif
When I depress the clutch pedal I can hear a noise from the center tunnel..I had a the firewall area repaired years ago..Can you just clamp the clutch tube in the center tunnel instead of welding it?? I got a replacement cable,Also it can be all of these issues the worst one would be the fork nylon bushing..These cars are very hard to work on with out a lift..I prefer to just take it to a expert for the repairs..
Thanks,Alan
RFoulds
Steven Floyd at Desert Performance Motorsports. Good but pricey.

International Motors in Cathedral City has a guy who knows 914 sort of. but not expert.

Don Kravig at Precision Motion in Colton is the best
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.