Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torsion bar cap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
Im changing the ride hieght and in order to do so I need to take the torsion bar cap off. This thing is stuck on their good. Any advice in getting it off?
skline
Why do you have to remove it to change the ride height? I never had to do that. They do come off but its not easy. I popped mine off from the inside. With the torsion bar out, you just pop it off from the inside.
jgiroux67
I have to index? reindex?, whatever its called i need to do that. The car is sitting way to high and the adjuster screw is all the way lowered.
SLITS
Are you sure the ass end isn't sitting to low from weak springs?

Any way, with the tension off (car jacked up) and tension released (adjuster screw all the way out), it should come off reasonably easily. If not, try a pry bar to pop it off the end. The torsion bar will not come with it.
TimT
drill a 1/4 or so hole near the edge of the cover, and pry it out

Rhodes71/914
I just did this and had to use a pry-bar.

The torsion bar will not come with it.

Mine did which I was concerned about, but it seems to be ok.
jgiroux67
Found out what my problem was, I has pressure on the A arms. A soon as a took the pressure off the caps came off with the greatest of ease. I lowered my car probably 2 inches. I couldnt be happier smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.