Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luftgekühlt gathering Los Angeles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
Patrick Long and friends are gathering once again near downtown Los Angeles on April 10, 2016, in Vernon Ca. If you haven't been to the first 2 gatherings you definitely should make it to this one. All of your Porsche friends, drivers, tuners , did I say air cooled Porsches ¿ Not affiliated with this gathering...but more info on Instagram. Click to view attachment
campbellcj
I will be there with 914R. Will be interesting getting there with a V 5th gear and no windows or sound insulation.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Mar 24 2016, 10:10 AM) *

I will be there with 914R. Will be interesting getting there with a V 5th gear and no windows or sound insulation.

Tried these?
pete000
Don't forget your wine and cheese duds ! This event is attended by none other than Mangus Walker !
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 24 2016, 03:07 PM) *

Don't forget your wine and cheese duds ! This event is attended by none other than Mangus Walker !

I'll be rockin' my dread wig. av-943.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Mar 24 2016, 10:10 AM) *

We will be looking for you Chris. Let's see if Bruce Meyers drives his '79 LeMans winning 935 down there from the west side of town driving.gif
SKL1
Would probably go to that but flying back to AZ from IA that day... an old Porsche friend from IA called me a few days ago to tell me the location as it's at his brother's furniture factory!! He's flying out from IA for it.
I should change my flight plans smile.gif
WolfR32
I'm planing on going Chris, maybe we should meet up somewhere before getting on the 101?

Larry L.
76-914
icon_bump.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(WolfR32 @ Mar 30 2016, 10:28 PM) *

I'm planing on going Chris, maybe we should meet up somewhere before getting on the 101?

Larry L.

Larry - sounds great! I think I have convinced my son to come along too. We are right off the 101. It's about 45 mins drive from here and I'd like to leave early. Kind of nervous about driving 914R that far on public roads and will take it plenty slow.

I'll PM you to coordinate details.
cary
Bump
Maltese Falcon
...will be interesting who will drive over (furthest distance) to this gig in a bonafied racecar. Last year's N°41 LeMans victory 935 went through the streets of L.A. + B. H. with French license plates, going to Luftgekühlt in Culver City . Jeff Zwart owns a 906...but that is deemed street legal biggrin.gif
MartyClick to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Just recuperating from this Porsche Overload Left gathering yesterday, but here are a couple pics ; Ethan's 9146/ 2.7, photo credit R&T mag
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Original numbers matching 9146, local L.A. driver !
photo cr. DWA
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
One of my favorites of this show ; a custom built 1975 RSR 3.0 tribute in this magenta color
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
The details on this 3.0 engine are stunning pray.gif
Click to view attachment
two914-6s
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 11 2016, 07:57 AM) *

Original, blank case 2.0 S spec motor 9146, local L.A. driver !
photo cr. DWA
Click to view attachment

Thanks Marty, nice photo
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 11 2016, 09:16 AM) *

Click to view attachment

boy this 3.0 does look yumy...ALL I need to do is sell the house to get me one. Oh, which shop built it?
Maltese Falcon
Awesome shot inside of the Modernica warehouse, vintage 356 and a couple of narrow bodies; you can almost hear Eric Clapton singing "In the White Room" smoke.gif
photo credit; Rennfilms
Click to view attachment
KELTY360
The industrial setting makes an interesting contrast for some great cars.
SKL1
From all the pix I saw on rennlist, the most interesting was a Gmund coupe... my friend there said the line was over 1 1/2 mile long to get in a couple hours before the gates opened!
Supposedly Seinfeld and M. Walker were there...
2mAn
I cant believe this happened in my backyard and I missed it...
jor
QUOTE(2mAn @ Apr 11 2016, 04:14 PM) *

I cant believe this happened in my backyard and I missed it...

I couldn't make it either, which is why I appreciate Maltese Falcon's thread even more. Thank you!
campbellcj
It was pretty surreal for sure. This was my first one and the juxtaposition of the mostly early Porsches against the mostly old urban industrial "east LA" setting was a real trip. It works. Unfortunately the turnout was so stupendous that the huge facility was nearly overwhelmed. I didn't get the memo that I'd have to be there 1-2 hours early to get a spot inside. LOL I don't have the bladder or fuel cell capacity to putt in traffic all day. I did get a great spot right outside the entrance. And finally got to meet Marty in person and catch up with a few other guys.

Anyway, I shot a number of photos but need to edit them down - here's one

IPB ImagePorsche Carrera 6 by Chris Campbell, on Flickr
Maltese Falcon
Gustavo's Type- 4 Baja road race slayer ; well engineered and has awesome looks !Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Another pic taken in the Leica photo area of Lüft 3
Click to view attachment
colingreene
you mean this guy?
Maltese Falcon
Flatsixes.com spied our car at the event, thank you guys for this candid pic !
photo credit @FLATSIXES♤♤ @olde_ways
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(396 @ Apr 11 2016, 09:39 AM) *

Click to view attachment

boy this 3.0 does look yumy...ALL I need to do is sell the house to get me one. Oh, which shop built it?

Engine built by Gunnar Racing, and this car is owned by a racer from Black Swan Racing driving.gif
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 4 2016, 09:17 AM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Apr 11 2016, 09:39 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Engine built by Gunnar Racing, and this car is owned by a racer from Black Swan Racing driving.gif

Thanks for the info. I figured it must have been a very high end shop. I guess I would have to sell the house for one of those beauty. Back to dreaming.
Maltese Falcon
Spotted this pic by the Leica photo staff from the Luft3 gathering
Click to view attachment
Cracker
Wow. Impressive.

T
Cracker
Wow (again)!

T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.