Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tangerine engine jack plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

I've been having some issues getting the engine back in the car (cheap-ass HF transmission lift which sheared scissor bolts in the worst possible position) and I figured I'd splurge and get the Tangerine jack plate once and for all. All I can say is wow.

I've done the moving dolly shuffle and the transmission jack bit and neither compare with the ease of the Tangerine plate. It isn't even close. The plate keeps everything perfectly balanced and secure. I was able to get everything in position and bolted up in less than 15 minutes.

If you're on the fence about it...don't be. Best tool I've bought for my 914.

(non-paid testimonial) smile.gif

mepstein
I used one when we played with zach's ( Vacca rabbi) engine. Worth every penny. A must have in your 914 tool box.
stugray
Slightly - OT
I welded together a 1/2" think aluminum bracket that wraps around the trans intermediate plate and bolts to the trans mounts ( I also have solid trans mounts). It has a hockey puck bolted to the bottom.
I can jack the rear of my car from the puck without putting any load on my trans case.

I have a similar setup in the front where I installed reinforcement (a roll cage) to my fuel cell.
I can jack the front from a single center point as well.

I will try to get pictures later.
RoadGlue
Thanks for the lead! Just bought one from CFR due to your post. :-)
ThePaintedMan
Plus Chris is just an all-around nice/great guy. aktion035.gif
ntlgnt1
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 24 2016, 10:18 AM) *

Plus Chris is just an all-around nice/great guy. aktion035.gif

+1 for Chris being a great guy!
Java2570
agree.gif I'm doing my engine swap this week and every time I use Chris' engine plate, I love it more....definitely worth the cash!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.