Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 914-6 74K miles Suvivor always SoCal Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
toolguy
A dealer snatched this up within 1 hour on Bring A Trailer. . . I'll be checking his inventory to see if this is a flip. . .
So all in all, this is what a very nice original Six brings these days despite those who question the rise of Six prices in the last 2 years. . Remember when you could buy an early 911 for $75K. . . . . . I'll bet dollars to donuts the 100K barrier is within 2 years of being crossed for top condition 6's.

I have a 74K mile, 95% original Six for sale. . Original Silver / Black car. Number matching with full documentation and COA. Always a California car with ownership chain documented. Now owned by 4th owner since 1986. Other than a reported repaint back in the 90s, it's original and unmodified. The repaint work is undetectable from original. No rust found, I currently have the rockers off for inspection. This is not a restoration, this is an original honest survivor vehicle and looks and drives properly. Car had been a Concours winner in the past. Just returned from 10 year storage, properly prepared, and ready to go. . Fuel tank removed and flushed. New fuel pump, filters and all hoses..

This is the car I listed 2 years ago that had the 2.2S motor. . I just completed a 250 hour 'return to use' service. I reinstalling the original motor, which fired off perfectly and runs great. I found no issues other than some deterioration under the battery limited to the top tray. Hell hole is perfect, no rust and retains paint. Structure, pickup ears and longitudinals appear excellent with no apparent defects. Both trunks are exceptional with no defects. No evidence found of any collision repair or body work and none listed in service record files. It now has a fresh tune and full engine service with valve adjust. New clutch less than 700 miles ago which was inspected during motor change, and 40 IDA Webber carbs freshly rebuilt.

The condition exception is some cracking of vinyl on the top of drivers seat headrest and top of the backpad. . Given these are original, it is exactly as expected.. Rather than correct it myself, I felt it best for the new owner to be able to see the exact original condition and make repair or replacement their choice. . It still has the factory original vin sticker in the door frame.

Has MoMo Prototipo steering wheel with original Leather 6 wheel included. Also has Becker Europa radio, , original 6 rear valance with a Limited Edition front spoiler. Includes owners manual, correct 5.5 x 14 Fuch's, the dog bone footrest, and a mostly complete original 914-6 toolkit. . . Tons of records and maintenance documentation from the past included.

$77,000 in San Diego / El Cajon
iwanta914-6
Brilliant! Now to win the lottery!
Ferg
Nice looking six. Should move quick at that price.
lostreasure
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 24 2016, 02:23 PM) *

Nice looking six. Should move quick at that price.

Great 914- Its goin to sell fast! GLWS
briansmachine
914/6 cars did not have 40 IDA carbs. The original carbs were 40 IDT-p3 and 40 IDT 3p1
gereed75
QUOTE(briansmachine @ Mar 24 2016, 09:01 PM) *

914/6 cars did not have 40 IDA carbs. The original carbs were 40 IDT-p3 and 40 IDT 3p1

It is very common for the IDT's to get changed out for the IDA's. Can't remember all the details but the T's have an extra circuit for leaner running for improved emissions. Not optimum for performance

Great looking car. Solid driver. Very fair price IMHO. I like this level of car - nice, practical driver. For me the most enjoyable kind to own
toolguy
IIRC, The difference in IDA and IDTP body is solely the placement and size of the 3 progression holes in the castings. . These are used to control low speed mixture when it comes off idle. . IDTP's which were also on some of the 911T motors were designed to be a little leaner right off idle Once you get past 1/8 throttle they are all the same. .
IDTP's also used different emulsion tubes and jet sizes. . they also had 27 mm venturies to match the jets and tubes. . mostly for fuel economy and I'd bet to detune the T motor to keep the E's and S's more performance orientated . .

This car was set up for the 2.2 s motor thus the IDA's . I rejetted the same carbs and installed all the correct tubes and jets to match 30mm venturies per factory specs. . Runs great..
tpines
Beautiful car Dave! I'm sure it will sell quick.

Clark
Cairo94507
That is an excellent car at a great price. If you have been longing for a real Six, here is the car for you.
LowBridge
now I just need a way to sell a kidney and I'll have the cash... what a fantastic looking 6 GLWS
toolguy
Bump = see original post. . Bring a Trailer listed this car on their own without my knowledge. . They made it a Feature Car, great article and write up. . . and it sold in the first hour. . .
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(toolguy @ Mar 24 2016, 01:25 PM) *

A dealer snatched this up within 1 hour on Bring A Trailer. . . I'll be checking his inventory to see if this is a flip. . .
So all in all, this is what a very nice original Six brings these days despite those who question the rise of Six prices in the last 2 years. . Remember when you could buy an early 911 for $75K. . . . . . I'll bet dollars to donuts the 100K barrier is within 2 years of being crossed for top condition 6's.

I don't think anyone is disputing the rise of Six prices. Prices on Sixes are skyrocketing like mad. I think they'll hit the 100K mark, but plateau at that point.
lalee914
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Apr 19 2016, 09:01 PM) *

I don't think anyone is disputing the rise of Six prices. Prices on Sixes are skyrocketing like mad. I think they'll hit the 100K mark, but plateau at that point.

Prices in Europe are already well over 100K Euros. There seems to be a pretty big disparity in prices on opposite sides of the Atlantic.
914werke
QUOTE(toolguy @ Apr 19 2016, 05:56 PM) *

Bump = see original post. . Bring a Trailer listed this car on their own without my knowledge. . They made it a Feature Car, great article and write up. . . and it sold in the first hour. . .

blink.gif
dug
Did anyone get the full VIN or COA info for this car?
thanks,
dug
dug
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Apr 20 2016, 02:10 PM) *

Prices in Europe are already well over 100K Euros. There seems to be a pretty big disparity in prices on opposite sides of the Atlantic.

I went to the Essen Classica show two weeks ago in Germany. There were so many perfectly restored 911Ss it was crazy. There were only half a dozen 914-6s. All were asking over EUR100k.

There are only ~3300 914-6s. There are ~60,000 65-73 911s.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(dug @ Apr 23 2016, 02:46 AM) *

QUOTE(lalee914 @ Apr 20 2016, 02:10 PM) *

I went to the Essen Classica show two weeks ago in Germany. There were so many perfectly restored 911Ss it was crazy. There were only half a dozen 914-6s. All were asking over EUR100k.

There are only ~3300 914-6s. There are ~60,000 65-73 911s.

Six-digit asking prices especially at these kind of fairs here in Europe are indeed quite normal.

The question is are there some buyers who really pay these prices ??? I have some doubts. Most of these offered pricey cars are still available.....
As an exception are GTs

@toolguy: did you sell the car to an US-Dealer or one from abroad?
toolguy
Went to a specialty dealer in Marina Del Rey. . from the looks of his showroom inventory, he only sold early 911's
HaraPuzo
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Apr 26 2016, 06:58 PM) *

somebody just made 20g's

this guy just "made" twenty G's
well, its selling for that much more anyways.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer...14/1830699.html
porschetub
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Apr 20 2016, 01:01 PM) *

that is rubbish why will they stop climbing in value,do you have a crystal ball ?,really look at early 911'S prices these cars are through the roof due to lower production numbers,the 914/6 is very different from that stand point, really random statement afterall.
I predict 100k for a clean example in 12 months,had my rant all good now biggrin.gif
914world2014
QUOTE(porschetub @ May 4 2016, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Apr 20 2016, 01:01 PM) *

that is rubbish why will they stop climbing in value,do you have a crystal ball ?,really look at early 911'S prices these cars are through the roof due to lower production numbers,the 914/6 is very different from that stand point, really random statement afterall.
I predict 100k for a clean example in 12 months,had my rant all good now biggrin.gif

Flippers I don't care for. Wish members would purchase before flippers. I will never sell to flippers.
This guy bought a MG from a friend of mine said it was for himself and loved MG's,Saw it was advertised and guess what.. Flipped..$$ Ive been in this showroom and some of the cars are just so so.
Peashooter
There will always be flippers, whether it is cars, houses, motorcycles, or whatever. That's just the way it is and wishing so will not make a change.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.