Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC - track video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
I found this video taken at the Streets of Willow.
This is the location for the WCC track day.
I don't know if you can learn anything from watching. wacko.gif
Don't try this in a stock 914 (56K warning)
jgiroux67
I realy don't see why there is so much hype in drifting. It's not that cool and its a waste of tyres and I'm sure thats not too good on the transmission either.

Sure its fun to slide the back end of your car around, but its even more fun to apex the corners and hit them with the most speed while keeping traction.

Now the drifting they do in the WRC is cool and actually serves a purpose and allows them to go faster.
Andyrew
What a waste of machinery.
McMark
agree.gif
barf.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Mar 26 2005, 03:09 AM)
I realy don't see why there is so much hype in drifting.

i don't see why there is so much hype about Olympic figure skating, which is similarly pointless. but it's not easy to do well, and i don't care if other people like it.

and unlike figure skaters, who almost never try to show off on public streets and in paarking lots, the organised drifting events give the yahoos in their 1000 HP Supras a place and an opportunity to play safely. if it keeps 'em off the streets, that can't be a bad thing...
Howard
Silly, ya do it cause it's fun! Donuts are good for the soul.
JoeSharp
agree.gif and who cares how you get High.
Joe
Maltese Falcon
perfect soundtrack for this video would be by Wierd Al "Rice Rice Baby" blink.gif
Proll'y 15 seconds quicker around Streets w/o the drifts screwy.gif
der Falcon8ter
airsix
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Mar 26 2005, 05:58 AM)
i don't see why there is so much hype about Olympic figure skating, which is similarly pointless. but it's not easy to do well, and i don't care if other people like it.

and unlike figure skaters, who almost never try to show off on public streets and in paarking lots...

Rich, that was VERY funny, and made a good point. chairfall.gif
-Ben M. (not a drifting fan, but WRC is cool.)
jonwatts
If I can go faster because of all the rubber they're laying down on the track then more power to 'em.

(assuming I had a running car, of course)

airsix
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Mar 26 2005, 01:39 PM)

Jon,
Lets have an update. It's been over a year since you said anything about your car!

-Ben M.
Gint
QUOTE (airsix @ Mar 26 2005, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Mar 26 2005, 01:39 PM)

Jon,
Lets have an update. It's been over a year since you said anything about your car!

-Ben M.

No shit. Watt about it Jon?

I see a new thread comin on....
grantsfo
If you go to www.ottosvenice.com and go to video section there are some good shots of Streets or Willow. You might might even see my car when it was 100% stock with KYB's and street tires running at full tilt as well.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Mar 26 2005, 05:58 AM)

Amen!!

Just because you see an activicty that someone else enjoys as pointless doesn't make their choice of fun "stupid". I mean, heck--when I talk to most people about autoXing, or skinning my knuckles fixing something on the car, or half the other stuff we love around here, they look at me like I've lost my mind. "You do that for fun??"

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.