Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got another one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brooks944
Hi guys. I bought another 914, so it must be a curse or something (actually I love these!). Nice car except it is completely disassembled. The PO was completely honest with what the car was and needed, unlike my previous purchase... It's been sitting in the PO's den for 13 years, not a basement garage, in the den, there is a leather couch and tv across from the car! It's a 74 with about 100k miles. Service records in the owners manual since new. I brought the first load of parts home today. I want to apologize in advance for all the dumb questions I will be asking over time, like what the heck is this and where does it go? Tomorrow I will start to catalog what's here. Here's some pictures of what is home so far. I also want to thank one of our senior members for going over to see the car and advise me, thanks Steve! One picture is what a truckload of 914 looks like, and the other is what I call the debris field. I will try to provide updates here as they occur.

Rick
hndyhrr
How do all those parts stay in upside down truck? lol-2.gif

nice score
r_towle
All fell out onto the driveway.
I want a truck that does that....
poorsche914
Hey, Rick... glad to see you are finally getting the 914 to its new home! Now you need to get it back together and on the road before Okteenerfest happy11.gif

I'll be happy to help put it all back together cheer.gif

driving.gif
brooks944
Thanks Steve. Sorry for the upside down picture...

Rick
EdwardBlume
From his den to yours?
brooks944
No room in my den, I do think it will fit in the garage between the truck and 75. My plan is to get this one restored, or at least what I can afford. Probably have to sell the red one to get there.

Spent a couple of hours today doing an inventory of what I picked up. Thanks to this forum and help from members here, I was able to ID maybe 90%. But this is only 1/3 or so of the car.

Thanks, Rick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.