Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just another saturday in So. Cal.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
At donut Delinquents this morning. This Dog likes his ride (I belive its a Ural)
JoeSharp
and there is alwasy an Indian around.
JoeSharp
Someone asked for more pics of this car.
JoeSharp
Owener says it had the front end replaced with a later one.
boxstr
I hope you got plenty of the purple Miata right behind the dogs head in pic #1. YIKES.
CCLINZOOMZOOM
JoeSharp
A 54 Carrera Speedster. When he got the car it had a push rod motor. He said it has european raceing history.
JoeSharp
and then there was this F car
Aaron Cox
wub.gif 4 cammer wub.gif
JoeSharp
2L four cammer.
Back to the F car
JoeSharp
You should have heard this thing come in.
JoeSharp
Like those wheels (Borrine?)
Porsche Rescue
Joe, please share the location of the donut shop. I plan to visit HB this fall. What time Sat. morning does the gathering start and is it year-round? Thanks for the pics.
Gint
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Mar 26 2005, 09:39 AM)
Joe, please share the location of the donut shop. I plan to visit HB this fall. What time Sat. morning does the gathering start and is it year-round? Thanks for the pics.

Probably find it here:

Donut Derelicts
JoeSharp
This gathering starts before 4 am and the shop owners what thier parking lot back by 8:30. There are always well over 100 cars. the parking lots across the streetl are full of drivers. I'm sure that there are over 1000 people to show up just to see cars. This has been going on for over 25 years that know of. You never know whats going to show. One day we even had Hot Wheels.
biggrin.gif Joe
P.S. Adams and Magnolia
ewdysar
OK I'll ask too... Where does this happen? The link provided above didn't contain the info. oops, my bad, just read the PS above. The place is at Adams and Magnolia.

Eric
ChrisFix
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Mar 26 2005, 08:35 AM)
Like those wheels (Borrine?)

AFAIK "Borrani"...
Gint
QUOTE (ewdysar @ Mar 26 2005, 10:04 AM)
OK I'll ask too...  Where does this happen?  The link provided above didn't contain the info.  oops, my bad, just read the PS above.  The place is at Adams and Magnolia.

Eric

Yes it does... but you have to be willing to work at a couple of mouse clicks and read.

Let me help you out. "About Us"

Back in 1986 In Sunny Southern California, four buddies who some years before went to high school together, met at a small neighborhood donut shop at the corner of Adams and Magnolia Ave. in Huntington Beach, California. This was the humble beginnings of what was to become "Donut Derelict", the largest and most well-known casual hot rod gathering in the world.
Maltese Falcon
For a lot of other cool "Run what ya brung" car gatherings, check out the listings in the "Automotive Calender of Events" (ACE) it's published here in SoCal and most of the events are NoCal and SoCal, some big National event listings.
According to ACE, there is another derilict donut meeting place closer to the 210 towards Angelus Crest also.
MF
ewdysar
I apologize Gint, I went to the page and opened Events, Links, Contact us, Car show, and even their Forum. I guess I gave up too soon.

Thanks for the clarification.

Eric
JoeSharp
I bought my house here in 1980 and one morning my ex and myself were out looking for a doughnut and found the cars. About 10 of them at that time. I recall a T bucket that had a Funny Car Motor ( fully blown and Zoomies)So It has been happening for longer than that. I alwasy enjoy the cars.
biggrin.gif Joe
Dad Roberts
Another good site for Socal events.......Socal Car Cuture.com driving.gif ................Dad
Type 4
I think the car count is closer to 300 on any staruday morning. I will count the spaces next time I go.
SP9146
Isn't there also a gathering of cars early Sat. morning at Crystal Cove a little further south? I heard that one is more import oriented whereas the one at donut shop is more street rod / domestic. Not sure CC event is still happening.

Great pics by the way, I real miss So Cal!

Pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.